NELA s*p*r*lex Trowel review

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I can see they could change is allowing the toe and heel to be more flexible by making the shaft slightly shorter by a few inches each end

The only thing I can see they could change is allowing the toe and heel to be more flexible by making the shaft slightly shorter by a few inches each end

Not that i would know, because i havent had the pleasure of using these trowels, but i imagagine if you were to do this you could possibly lose the correct shape of the trowel?

That would be dramatic and would leave it open to a permanent bend ? Not used one but just feel that it would be too delicate

This is how the refina one is made but the Nela design may suit some lads. Arti might not cos he likes benders. :RpS_cool:

but surely if you have used the trowel, you should post positives and any negatives ?? not wait to see what others say first... it makes it all sound like a closed shop and people darent post negatives.. well done Curry for the comment..

but surely if you have used the trowel, you should post positives and any negatives ?? not wait to see what others say first... it makes it all sound like a closed shop and people darent post negatives.. well done Curry for the comment..

yeah, its not exaclty a review then, more a salesman pitch

Yes and some people have more money than others so a£30 trowel is still a lot to some and needs consideration. Asif on the other hand is loaded and tight. :RpS_biggrin:

I dont get it... people see things that they arent that keen on but seem scared to say what...lol.. not at school lads are we, as I said im getting one anyway, but if I was undecided this would put me right off.... oli did a great review though..

yeh still think i`ll get one nyway, too much hype about it to resist, but its always gd to get a honest review, £30 ain't much to me but, if the product is a loada dung, its £30 i coulda spent on something useful or pissed up the wall

Ive only used it for a day and id say it's worth £30 all day long it needs breaking in abit for me but for the first day I was happy with it

yeh still think i`ll get one nyway, too much hype about it to resist, but its always gd to get a honest review, £30 ain't much to me but, if the product is a loada dung, its £30 i coulda spent on something useful or pissed up the wall

Dont forget you have a choice of 4 trowels 2 from each company. If you read up on threads from a few months ago Cassie gives a good review for the refina trowel that is not the s*p*r*lex and therefore more of a genuine closer comparison to Marshalltown.

Dont forget you have a choice of 4 trowels 2 from each company. If you read up on threads from a few months ago Cassie gives a good review for the refina trowel that is not the s*p*r*lex and therefore more of a genuine closer comparison to Marshalltown.

I actually think the refina ( as everyone knows, before you start..lol ) is a great trowel, im talking normal trowel here not S/F.. however i am pretty certain the nela stainless will be as good.. I dont like M/T, never have really...as for comparing the refina to the M'/t,, theres honestly no comparrison.. refina pisses it..

i think ill get a s*p*r*lex and a normal trowel from nela, as i dont know who mentioned but i think one or more ppl have said its better than refina str8 outta the box, plus alotta gd comments about the quality of the trowel itself

i think ill get a s*p*r*lex and a normal trowel from nela, as i dont know who mentioned but i think one or more ppl have said its better than refina str8 outta the box, plus alotta gd comments about the quality of the trowel itself

So let me get this right, your gonna get another Marshalltown?! :)

'' better than refina straight out the box'' bold statement..lol.. sure someone posted they used the oilstone on the nela ? lol

'' better than refina straight out the box'' bold statement..lol.. sure someone posted they used the oilstone on the nela ? lol
Cor blimey, you've been in every thread going moaning about my review today Cassie.

I think your problem is you don't read the whole post and digest it properly.

Allow me to re-illiterate in simple form.

I was asked to use the Nela trowels and let Ryan know how I got on, I had a phone conversation and told him all my thoughts on the both of them. So that's done. He has all my opinions on the both of them.

I then decided to put a few words on here about my short experience using these trowels.

You have stated I had issues with the s*p*r*lex.
Not true. There is nothing wrong with the trowel and I confirmed that when Jurek was asking.
What I said though was that there was a couple of things that could be different to perfect it for me personally. I am not hiding this information. Ryan knows, and in a few days so will everyone on here.

The reason I wanted to wait to post is because I have been lucky enough to be using this trowel a week before the others received theirs, and as such I didn't want to influence their thoughts before they even had it out the box!

So hopefully they can make an unbiased review!

Ok mate, I see .... not my style, but hey.. sure its not only me who wants to read what people think, its interesting, your post here makes it look like only good reviews will be seen.. Im sure the trowels went to experienced plasterers, so im sure your niggles wouldnt have affected their views anyway, no hard feelings mate..

Ok mate, I see .... not my style, but hey.. sure its not only me who wants to read what people think, its interesting, your post here makes it look like only good reviews will be seen.. Im sure the trowels went to experienced plasterers, so im sure your niggles wouldnt have affected their views anyway, no hard feelings mate..

Like I say by the middle of the week the other lads will have used theirs and you will be the first to know what would make my perfect s*p*r*lex.

Your excited I can tell!

Cor blimey, you've been in every thread going moaning about my review today Cassie.

I think your problem is you don't read the whole post and digest it properly.

Allow me to re-illiterate in simple form.

I was asked to use the Nela trowels and let Ryan know how I got on, I had a phone conversation and told him all my thoughts on the both of them. So that's done. He has all my opinions on the both of them.

I then decided to put a few words on here about my short experience using these trowels.

You have stated I had issues with the s*p*r*lex.
Not true. There is nothing wrong with the trowel and I confirmed that when Jurek was asking.
What I said though was that there was a couple of things that could be different to perfect it for me personally. I am not hiding this information. Ryan knows, and in a few days so will everyone on here.

The reason I wanted to wait to post is because I have been lucky enough to be using this trowel a week before the others received theirs, and as such I didn't want to influence their thoughts before they even had it out the box!

So hopefully they can make an unbiased review!
Re -illiterate?

my negative is it being heavier than the MT only time will tell the effect on my wrist

Status
Not open for further replies.