Nela plasticflex / plazi

lurpak

Artex Boy
I already know theres mixed views.

I use a plazi on last one only, and the reason is I can hit it ealier than with stainless.

The plaziflex has warped somehow, also leaves really tiny lines no matter how much I sand it. It’s a good trowel just annoys me a bit.

Im tempted to try the nela plasticflex but I’m unsure after reading the review here. I’ve also heard theres a plastic spanish trowel thats nice.

Thoughts? Buy another plazi or try a new brand?

The nelamax Is very good.
NELA-MAX-WEB-500x500.jpg

Tell me more mate, i wasn’t sure about the look of it so didn’t even read up. Was worried I’d look like I’m skimming a wall with summat out of batmans washing machine.

I didn’t rate the nelamax. Left hairline scratches in the end finish even after sanding the thing down before using it. just another waste of time an money.

Well funny enough I love my plaziflex ha! Can finish with it no problem at all. I can hit the wall really quick for flattening in with the plazi then keep using it to the end if I want to. But the nela max I found it hard to find the right time to hit the wall, tried to use it the same
Way as the plazi but as it says its a finishing trowel so I left the wall as I would if using a s*p*r*lex etc but found it scratched the wall. The wall was smooth don’t get my wrong but up close I wasn’t happy with it. Maybe I didn’t time it well or had a bad made trowel who knows but I was excited for it as I’m a big fan of plastics :cry: any tips Danny?

Well funny enough I love my plaziflex ha! Can finish with it no problem at all. I can hit the wall really quick for flattening in with the plazi then keep using it to the end if I want to. But the nela max I found it hard to find the right time to hit the wall, tried to use it the same
Way as the plazi but as it says its a finishing trowel so I left the wall as I would if using a s*p*r*lex etc but found it scratched the wall. The wall was smooth don’t get my wrong but up close I wasn’t happy with it. Maybe I didn’t time it well or had a bad made trowel who knows but I was excited for it as I’m a big fan of plastics :cry: any tips Danny?

Does your plazi leave really hairline lines?

Look closely
well put it this way.. I really noticed with the nela max, but didn’t with the plazi so there’s a difference. I’m working with carbon just now so came away from the plastics just now. Think timing has a lot to do with it though surely.

Better than plazi? Thanks
They are better than plazi, try rubbing yours in a circular motion on flat plasterboard same angle as you would troweling. It will take all the tiny chips out of it. Once they get sharp a flat brush pube will nick it. Try not to hit sockets, beads and don’t slam it into the dry angles. Only take the guards off when using it and put them straight back on.

I tried plastic trowels on a few houses but they damage so easily and the price to replace the plastic works out very expensive when you consider how many houses they will last.

I tried plastic trowels on a few houses but they damage so easily and the price to replace the plastic works out very expensive when you consider how many houses they will last.

I dont use them anywhere near an angle bead :D they then last a lot longer :D

I’d like to give the nela max ago but to use to s/s timings would you flatten off with it or final?

Would you flick a bit of water? What’s the finish like Danny? I may get myself one for Father’s Day :LOL:

I have been using plastic from the year dot and it is the best one I have ever used :D Get your timings right and its great

I have been using plastic from the year dot and it is the best one I have ever used :D Get your timings right and its great
Ok if it all goes tits up I’m blaming you :lol: I can’t your instergram has disappeared off mine for some reason? :llorando: