Nela max

Members online

windy

Private Member
Mate bought an 18 nela max the other day
Used straight out the box said was a few leaving lines and not impressed.
Was gonna a buy one but not sure now
Does it need some wet and dry before using ??

I have the nela max gold, was the dogs straight of the box, maybee a dud pal, the wet and dry should sort it though, hopfully.

Sounds horrific :ROFLMAO: it's not the end of the world just go old school ferral and use one trowel:oops: say whaaaaaat! One trowel start to finish you must be mad smoother!! Oof I'm sweating thinking about it:frio:

Sounds horrific :ROFLMAO: it's not the end of the world just go old school ferral and use one trowel:oops: say whaaaaaat! One trowel start to finish you must be mad smoother!! Oof I'm sweating thinking about it:frio:
Thats how I, and many others on here, learned our beautiful trade/ craft. But inovation moves things forward, for better and for worse .

bought the oxo ultra flex a couple of months ago and leaves marks everywhere, bit disappointing as i'm trying all these new ways after over 30 years of plastering and nothing comes close to a marshalltown ss trowel, second coat and not a mark, ultra flex and lines everywhere.

Is it a flex and what size? How much
Na mate , plastic for final pass only
bought the oxo ultra flex a couple of months ago and leaves marks everywhere, bit disappointing as i'm trying all these new ways after over 30 years of plastering and nothing comes close to a marshalltown ss trowel, second coat and not a mark, ultra flex and lines everywhere.
Same mate, only 20 years though, mighht be a dud .Never tryed the ox ones but nela s flex is bang on , straight out the box, was spot on !

Prefer M T Ultralight, have used the ss, found it good but did'nt feel as right as the carbon. Each to there own pal . Have you had a go with the nela skimming spats ?

Best plastic trowel on the market.... love mine.

I always wet and dry first :)

with tools i have always associated cheap with crap , i was just checking out all these new trowels everybody is raving about but they seem to be no better or as good than a good old marshalltown ss ,after my second coat there is not a mark on the wall,but i think people want to put one coat on and then just use a sponge of plastic trowel to flatten as the skill base ain't there or site prices are s**t,