Nela hawk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I missing something here.I know where to get them.I find mt warp easily
Any lads have one.
I have a 14" nela board and a 13" mt board,I use the nela for almost everything now I just use the mt for dabbing,it feels more solid than the mt not sure if I use it more just because it's a larger size than the mt.

So yours don't warp flynny?
S&c makes mincemeat of MT handboards regards warping.

If you have had only two handboards in 30 yrs your not putting enough on cocka [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Screenshot_2015-09-30-23-25-11-1-1.jpg

I have a 14" nela board and a 13" mt board,I use the nela for almost everything now I just use the mt for dabbing,it feels more solid than the mt not sure if I use it more just because it's a larger size than the mt.
Think the nela is nice ..little bit heavier though,the extra inch makes all the difference

So my Mrs says

I
Lol you will review f**k**g anything lol it doesn't matter on the weight put less gear on it when you load it up hahahahahaha
But mate just lately I have been banging it on for extra Xmas cash..i can't put less on ... I have to do at least 10m2 a day to get me dosh

I remember when I started off my father used to make his own hawk/hand board,did the job.

I remember when I started off my father used to make his own hawk/hand board,did the job.

I worked with a plasterer from Brussels last year and he refused to by a hawk because he could make one outta ply wood [emoji28][emoji58]

might sound stupid....but do u recon a un straight handboard over time will wear your blade on your trowel out un evenly?

I only ask as foook me I looked down the blades on couple of my trowels earlier and jesus there all over the place...funny but I don't seem to notice any problems with my work though or a gears going on the wall etc...

Those fooked trowels that are all over the place sell for a bomb on eBay.
Much sought after.:)

might sound stupid....but do u recon a un straight handboard over time will wear your blade on your trowel out un evenly?

I only ask as foook me I looked down the blades on couple of my trowels earlier and jesus there all over the place...funny but I don't seem to notice any problems with my work though or a gears going on the wall etc...
Aluminium is softer than stainless steel so your trowel should not wear...

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Ive got a nela hawk and think its bang on I've got the big one apart from the corner is bent where i dropped it but its fine

Am I missing something here.I know where to get them.I find mt warp easily
Any lads have one.

This is a first me, but as an honest man I will say my Nela hawk is as flat and square as the day I got it (albeit dirtier lol) I've been very happy with it as far as hawks go

I've got a Magnesium MT after my old one turned it is throwing star (now about 10" after being cut down). My mates got the Nela and it's pretty much identical apart from the handle, in fact it's the only way I tell them apart sometimes.

You are correct,got one of the nela ones for a change from mt.
Only difference to me is handle which i prefer.
A hawks a hawk.so im told.:sorprendido3:
How many lads have bought tools on a hype.
That trohawk thing was binned by me in a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.