Nela black premium elite

Bought one of one of the.lads on here but haven't used it enough to give it a fair review.. keep using my s*p*r*lex 2 instead

Has anyone tried one or give it a good run out need a new trowel so wondering cheers
Seen a bloke on insta using one and it looked shocking leaving lines everywhere. And he was promoting all there tools, saying he switch all his tools to Nela, his laying on/ work looked better before he picked up that nela lol

Seen a bloke on insta using one and it looked shocking leaving lines everywhere. And he was promoting all there tools, saying he switch all his tools to Nela, his laying on/ work looked better before he picked up that nela lol
Ahh yea seen him mate black guy wasnt that impressed really

Love my Nela super flex for finishing, also got an Oxo same size and flex can't see the difference but the Nela is the
1613682615718.png

Used one for about 9 months to give it a fair run, absolutely shite for troweling up for some reason drags more than actually troweling muck up... Ended up using it to just lay on and lay down with but it pushing the water back in to the plaster and when troweling up seems to make things gritty ‍♂️ f**k knows what nela was thinking when they produced that one... NELA Black = Black Bin bag save your money or buy a s*p*r*lex

Used one for about 9 months to give it a fair run, absolutely shite for troweling up for some reason drags more than actually troweling muck up... Ended up using it to just lay on and lay down with but it pushing the water back in to the plaster and when troweling up seems to make things gritty ‍♂️ f**k knows what nela was thinking when they produced that one... NELA Black = Black Bin bag save your money or buy a s*p*r*lex

Interesting one here, the first batch of the Black Edition Elite trowels only landed in the UK 4 months ago....

Why would a Premium trowel be a gimmick? It's an all round trowel - same as a riveted MT. One minute a Flex is a gimmick, now a solid steel is a gimmick.

Reason for the "Black Edition" its a new range and the name is used to show a difference to the previous versions.

The term Elite, is purely because its a far higher quality, more expensive steel and in our opinion, a better product.

Has anyone tried one or give it a good run out need a new trowel so wondering cheers
The reviews on the Elite trowel have actually been amazing and in the 4 months we have had them, they have outsold the previous Premium trowel.

We took feedback from the likes of @essexandy and @Olican and others here and increased the shank length on the 18" which has had a very positive outcome.

It is definitely worth trying the Elite Black Edition, it has had great feedback, sadly though, on here recently there seems to be lots of negativity in general.

The reviews on the Elite trowel have actually been amazing and in the 4 months we have had them, they have outsold the previous Premium trowel.

We took feedback from the likes of @essexandy and @Olican and others here and increased the shank length on the 18" which has had a very positive outcome.

It is definitely worth trying the Elite Black Edition, it has had great feedback, sadly though, on here recently there seems to be lots of negativity in general.
I just not gave it time . So cant really judge . But will say it's not as ready to go as a permashape

Morning Ryan.
The reason for my comments on this trowel were based on it being put out there as direct competition for the MT Permashape, which I don't believe it is. It may well be a really nice trowel once worn in, but I can use an MT P straight from the box. I don't know what MT do to the steel used, but they keep their shape like no other stainless steel trowel I've ever used.
I do believe that the negativity is more a questioning of the need for the constant procession of new trowels/tools, from various manufacturers, that claim this, that and the other but deliver little in the real world. But that's business I suppose.

Morning Ryan.
The reason for my comments on this trowel were based on it being put out there as direct competition for the MT Permashape, which I don't believe it is. It may well be a really nice trowel once worn in, but I can use an MT P straight from the box. I don't know what MT do to the steel used, but they keep their shape like no other stainless steel trowel I've ever used.
I do believe that the negativity is more a questioning of the need for the constant procession of new trowels/tools, from various manufacturers, that claim this, that and the other but deliver little in the real world. But that's business I suppose.
I can agree, but surely it is a good thing products evolve and get better. It isnt just NELA who develop and improve, let us not forget, the gimmick of a FLEX trowel was quickly copied by MT themselves - a direct copy of NELA until they had to change it...

Why would a Premium trowel be a gimmick? It's an all round trowel - same as a riveted MT. One minute a Flex is a gimmick, now a solid steel is a gimmick.

Reason for the "Black Edition" its a new range and the name is used to show a difference to the previous versions.

The term Elite, is purely because its a far higher quality, more expensive steel and in our opinion, a better product.
james franco.gif

I can agree, but surely it is a good thing products evolve and get better. It isnt just NELA who develop and improve, let us not forget, the gimmick of a FLEX trowel was quickly copied by MT themselves - a direct copy of NELA until they had to change it...
I did say "from various manufacturers" mate, it was solely aimed at you and Nela.
I wholeheartedly agree with you about products evolving, as long as the new tools are an improvement, many simply are not.
My son and I were using Nela flexy trowels on some walls in a 200+ year old cottage, because they were the only trowels that would fit the shapes, I haven't used one on any work that I want flat since shortly after trying them for the first time. Maybe because I don't polish work?
Anyway to be positive, you're a decent guy Ryan and I've always had great service from you when ordering stuff.

Hope it's not catching!