Nela and Refina

Status
Not open for further replies.
Send me an email: ryan@pftcentral.co.uk with your Invoice and I will replace it for you mate. Will get it collected and send you a new one.

The paint is for the looks yes. I have brought this up with NELA and they have invested in a better system for this. It won't affect the quality or performance, just the aesthetics. Im sure you have had flaking paint on your machines etc. We see it all the time on many different machines. Doesn't effect anything though :RpS_thumbup:
I'll dig the invoice out Ryan, thanks.
Rest assured, if the paint started falling off my machines for no reason I'll be straight on the phone to Stuart!

Are you not using your speed skim ? I use the 600 all the time now it flattens it off a beauty on the first coat, hardly ever use it on 2nd though as it's not needed
Yes I have had some good results with it,just a quick flatten on the first coat and sometimes the second,the 600 is great for reskims,I havnt used the 1200 so much I think it suits board better:RpS_thumbup:

Yes I have had some good results with it,just a quick flatten on the first coat and sometimes the second,the 600 is great for reskims,I havnt used the 1200 so much I think it suits board better:RpS_thumbup:

I prefer the 1200, 600 seems pointless

@Danny I'm just being nosey but have you invested in NELA too? Is it a joint venture between you and Ryan?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Danny I'm just being nosey but have you invested in NELA too? Is it a joint venture between you and Ryan?

I wish I had :)

Just saw them way before the launch and love the way they feel and am quite a passionate chap when it comes to stuff.

I won't support anything unless I 100% happy.

I would be a rich man if I took money off everyone that asked me to endorse something :)

Last edited:
Using the Nela s*p*r*lex less and less these days, used it religiously for the first few months with decent results but I just can't be arsed now. Trusty SS marshaltown for first coat and laying in, it's razor sharp so I've reverted back to using it for finishing. 1 Trowel to do it all rather than messing about changing.

I prefer the 1200, 600 seems pointless

The 600 is at least twice the size of a trowel so reducing the flattening process by 50% that's a winner for me.
I did get the the 1200 for lids but thus far found it or me to be a bit clumsy

So Ryan , in what way are nela a far better build quality than refina? I've got a 16 nela premium that's done hardly any work and its bent the wrong way and the Gucci paint job is flaking off. My refina still performing well though.

yeah when my premium turned up it was bent the wrong way but i managed to ping it round again but to be fair my one was one of the trial ones sent out before ryan was selling them i think i did say a couple of times that it arrived bent the wrong way but there was no response, but as i had pinged it back i wassnt to botherd, the paint is also flaking off but again its one of the very first ones so from what i understand they had a few problems and it is only a paint job to be fair......but on the other had why have the paint job if it falls off anyway, i only use my nela for floating and rendering now diddnt get on with it for skimming

Could someone tell me briefly the difference between the Nela super flex and the Nela premium?
Think I'm gonna go with the Nela to start with as it's better 'out of the box'

Could someone tell me briefly the difference between the Nela super flex and the Nela premium?
Think I'm gonna go with the Nela to start with as it's better 'out of the box'

Hi @BigK,

The NeLa Premium is an all round trowel which is fully riveted. Used for all aspects of Plastering. Comes in various sizes with a width of 4.75"

The NeLa s*p*r*lex is a finishing trowel designed to take the stress off the plasterer when finishing. Comes in various widths with a blade thickness of 0.3mm and a width of 4.3"

Both are made in the NELA factory in Germany and are made from Stainless Steel.
If you need anymore information, please do not hesitate to get in touch

Thanks, I half guessed the premium was just the 'normal' trowel. How long would delivery cost / take to ROI?

There's a place over here selling them, what's the chances of those being some of the ones with dodgy handles?

Anny difference between the Nela s*p*r*lex and the Refina s*p*r*lex?
I can help with info on nela I've had one since they first came out , & have SF & Premium ,both have been great additions to my kit , the SF takes the strain out of the finishing stage , the premium has broke in quickly & proved to be a good all rounder , the marketing by Ryan is superb this is why you see nela here & there , he's helping plasterers & telling them of his products , in the grand scheme of his buisness sure Trowels are the least lucrative ! Look how MT & Rollins are now adapting there marketing , they've seen how Ryan is so proactive , tee shirts hats etc , we now how Team MT stickers hats & FB same with Rollins they also are on FB , keep up the good work Ryan

So first day trying out the s*p*r*lex, nice to use, but I found that I got quite a bit of tiger striping (something I hate) and was wondering what others thoughts are on this?
Possibly to quick to get on it with the s*p*r*lex?
Or possibly just because it's too new and needs breaking in a little??
I know the Nela is supposed to be ready to go straight out of the box but I'm yet to use something that is....
Would've interested in others views
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.