Nela and Refina

Staff online

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Rossco68,

There are a few major differences on the 2 products. Firstly and most obviously they are made buy 2 different companies. The NELA is made in Germany by NELA and Refina's version is also made in Germany by another manufacturer.

In my opinion, the NELA s*p*r*lex has a far better build quality to its competitors. There were the initial teething problems but this has all been resolved and no issues have been reported. Just fantastic reviews. We had the opportunity to deal with the manufacturer of Refina's Trowels directly but after examining the trowels and testing them on the market we found the NELA was the best.

The NELA s*p*r*lex has a width of 4.3" whereas Refina's is 5". NELA have designed their s*p*r*lex trowel at this width as it gives the perfect amount of FLEX required to perform to its best.

From the reviews we get each day, we would have to say the NELA is the preferred trowel. There are people who prefer the other version but we do expect that.

The NELA s*p*r*lex also comes with the popular BiKo GRIP Cork handle as standard

Last edited by a moderator:
I havnt used both but so I've been told the refina is a little wider and more flexible at the heel and toe,I have the nela and think it is plenty flexible enough at the heel and toe and I have said before that if it were any more flexible in these areas I'm unsure as to wether I'd use it,as said I havnt used the refina but the nela has given me no reason to want to give the refina a go.
also plasterers one stop shop do custom nela trowels so if you want a certain size or width they may be able to do it for you,Ryan will know more:RpS_thumbup:

Havent used Nela .... all my tools are Refina ... best ive used and will continue too

So much so I stocked up on superflexes, plazi blades and aload of other small tools from drywalltoolsdirect .... cracking service and the price was best I found... s/f's for £28 etc

Anny difference between the Nela s*p*r*lex and the Refina s*p*r*lex?

Kind of an odd first post in my opinion, but let me say this never used Nela so cannot comment on that, but I use the refina s*p*r*lex and trust me it is impossible for the Nela to be a better trowel possibly equal but not better

Kind of an odd first post in my opinion, but let me say this never used Nela so cannot comment on that, but I use the refina s*p*r*lex and trust me it is impossible for the Nela to be a better trowel possibly equal but not better

Nothing is impossible

It's highly beespoked. I've sent him my dimensions. It should fit like a glove on a chickens head.

Never got a freebie from P1SS ... guess im not in the cool kids gang lol

When are the 600 S/s Blades back in Ryan ?? Pm'd u last night ? Starting to feel unloved here Ryan :RpS_unsure: :RpS_lol:

Why is it a strange first post? The guy has asked a simple question.

It confuses me why certain people think that anyone new who comes on and posts about NELA must be a fake account. The question was what's the difference between two makes.

Firstly I can assure you it's not me doing it if it is a fake one.

Last edited:
Never got a freebie from P1SS ... guess im not in the cool kids gang lol

When are the 600 S/s Blades back in Ryan ?? Pm'd u last night ? Starting to feel unloved here Ryan :RpS_unsure: :RpS_lol:

Still waiting for a reply from Speedskim mate.

Sorry didn't pick up on the PM mate. The app doesn't seem to send me a notification

Will inbox u when they are in mate

Why is it a strange first post? The guy has asked a simple question.

It confuses me why certain people think that anyone new who comes on and posts about NELA must be a fake account. The questions was what's the difference between two makes.

Firstly I can assure you it's not me doing it if it is a fake one.
Never thought it was you but four in a row pops up and asked about nela then vanish ,perhaps they forget who they were,

Ip check and its a fresh account

A fresh account based where.....

Call me paranoid but if i was a forum owner or a firm that had the sole rights to import a product, would these two sound like a good match to happily see threads keep popping up about that product so that it keeps getting both the forum and the product high up the google rankings?

If someone googles "nela trowel reviews" i wonder who's two companies come up flooding page 1???

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=n...urceid=chrome-mobile&espv=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en-GB

[emoji85]

Don't suppose @Danny and p1ss fancy teaming up with a spread from coventry?

Could do with a steady stream of private work [emoji39]

Last edited by a moderator:
Im not sure if I quite understand where this is all coming from or going to be honest?

Can you explain a little bit better for me exactly what you think is going on?

Think he's basically saying your setting up fake accounts asking questions and to keep Nela on the forum 1st page ...

I very much doubt Ryan is doing what your implying .... don't think he needs too in all honesty .... some use Nela , some use Refina ... who cares !!

Well if that's what people are starting to think they clearly don't know me very well.

Little disappointed if people think I would even do that to be honest.

Obviously have an invested interest into NELA but we now have over 8 dealers and a huge following so I can assure you there is no need for me to do that

Im not sure if I quite understand where this is all coming from or going to be honest?

Can you explain a little bit better for me exactly what you think is going on?

Whoa whoa its not an accusation just an observation. On another note when will you have the putz internal angle trowel back in stock?

Think he's basically saying your setting up fake accounts asking questions and to keep Nela on the forum 1st page ...

I very much doubt Ryan is doing what your implying .... don't think he needs too in all honesty .... some use Nela , some use Refina ... who cares !!

Thats not what im saying at all. It makes no difference where it is on the forum. What im jokingly saying is that by the forum being loaded with nela threads if someone - a plasterer- googles nela reviews they find an entire page of links to both the forum/plasterers news and P1SS.....

So in summary, a random plasterer hears of nela trowels. He goes home and googles it.

Staring at him on page 1 is links to both the plasterers forum that he a plasterer might not know of and there sponsors that import/sell them.

Coincidence or clever strategy im not fussed either way. It was just a geeky observation/humour.

If you actually think this is happening then you must think we have far too much time on our hands.

It's a hot topic nela /refina trowel we are bound to get people asking....

Status
Not open for further replies.