Nela 16”ss. V Mt ss

Members online

Bernardt

Was given a nela 16” to try and was always wary of them as was always told. Not as ridged as mt with a tiny bit of give and is really nice to use and easily broken in.on the final trowel it vibrates a bit ie cordoroie finish only hic up.?

Was gonna ask bout the nella ss as pondering over a mt xtra light ss. Are the blades s.
Same width as there carbons

Was gonna ask bout the nella ss as pondering over a mt xtra light ss. Are the blades s.
Both same size but nela isn’t as ridgid and as mt which I’m really liking.only thing with the nela is on my second flatten I get corduroy vibrating sometimes.?

Both same size but nela isn’t as ridgid and as mt which I’m really liking.only thing with the nela is on my second flatten I get corduroy vibrating sometimes.?
I think nellas more rigid . Threw mine back in van loads of times before it came good .

I don’t like the nela trowels nice Handel’s I don’t light the weight or balance but I’m weak.

Had a nasty habit of sticking to wall when changing direction. Never seemed a prob with mt
Been to Cheltenham races today and called in at one stop just before.fat kid in a cake shop.!!! Nela,s everywhere and machinery,nice place got a flexible looking angle trowel but if it’s as good as the refina one it’ll go far.

I don’t like the nela trowels nice Handel’s I don’t light the weight or balance but I’m weak.
I didn't at first but they are nice once broke in . Though still prefer the wider blade on mt xl . Though i used 14inch from starting then dropped to 13 when i got nella and found i had loads more on corners etc

Mt all the way.Nela are good but just not as good as Mt.Especially the carbon steel.

I’ve got a few nela trowels, 12 inch premium, 14 inch premium and a 14 inch nela flex.
I personally like the cork handles and blade width on the premiums. I can lay on quicker with the 12 inch than the 14 inch, the 14 inch seems to vibrate a bit, it doesn’t have any affect on finish but I don’t like the fact that it does it anyway. Mt are a great trowel but I just don’t get on with the 5 inch width. The best trowelsI have ever used were tyzacks before they changed the handles to soft grip, and of course when tyzacks were real Sheffield steel ( the best steel in the world) what a shame it’s not available anymore.

nela 16 inch will bow in the width and i dont mean a little bit .the shank on a 14 nela is the same as a 16 check it out so not alot of support at the top or bottom of the trowel ,the mt trowel in my opinion is a far better trowel and in my opinion mt have far better steel in the blades .as for the tysazk trowels as was mentioned the new ones i have 2 a 13 and 16 are like bricks in your hand very rigid the older ones were far better

Nela was one of the toughest trowels for me to break in... I ended up giving it to another plasterer to break in.... he won't give it back though