Needing a 3rd arm for Eze spat!

Members online

hail hail

Private Member
Had a try at my eze spat again these last few days and just can't seem to like it. Don't get me wrong, I can see how it can be very useful, however, it just annoys the bollox of me when needing to hold my water brush. I just seem to end up using more water with it, putting it down and lifting it to much when needing water on my brush or even if I hold my brush when using it, water runs down my hand.

If I had a third arm, this tool would be amazing. I don't have a third arm so I think its going to start collecting dust very soon. I just end up using my trowel again anytime I use it. Trowel in one hand, water brush in other. Can't seem to do this with my spat.

Had a try at my eze spat again these last few days and just can't seem to like it. Don't get me wrong, I can see how it can be very useful, however, it just annoys the bollox of me when needing to hold my water brush. I just seem to end up using more water with it, putting it down and lifting it to much when needing water on my brush or even if I hold my brush when using it, water runs down my hand.

If I had a third arm, this tool would be amazing. I don't have a third arm so I think its going to start collecting dust very soon. I just end up using my trowel again anytime I use it. Trowel in one hand, water brush in other. Can't seem to do this with my spat.
Use a spray bottle mate. I do when I use mine to stop any chatter marks. I just do a light spray over the ceiling as it's pulled in and no need for keep dipping brushes etc. Hope this helps pal?

I've persevered with my Refina spat and it's getting better now, I use a spray bottle if needed.

Lay on with a cheap trowel,
2nd coat with the nela mediflex....
Speedskim,
Cuppa,
Speedskim at 90 degrees to first pass,
s*p*r*lex,
Speedskim and brush all angles edges with a purdy sash brush,
Tidy edges with either a margin or midget trowel,
Scrape the skirting line with a good quality jointing knife,
s*p*r*lex,
Spray a mist over and speedskim metal bladey thing,
Plaziflex,
Then twice over with nela flex 2,
Another cuppa
Dry one with the speedy for good measure.
I'm upset if I can't use all the trowels I've bought, in a given set.......I want my money's worth.....(y)

Lay on with a cheap trowel,
2nd coat with the nela mediflex....
Speedskim,
Cuppa,
Speedskim at 90 degrees to first pass,
s*p*r*lex,
Speedskim and brush all angles edges with a purdy sash brush,
Tidy edges with either a margin or midget trowel,
Scrape the skirting line with a good quality jointing knife,
s*p*r*lex,
Spray a mist over and speedskim metal bladey thing,
Plaziflex,
Then twice over with nela flex 2,
Another cuppa
Dry one with the speedy for good measure.
I'm upset if I can't use all the trowels I've bought, in a given set.......I want my money's worth.....(y)

Looks like Id need an A-level to work all that out:loco:

Use a spray bottle mate. I do when I use mine to stop any chatter marks. I just do a light spray over the ceiling as it's pulled in and no need for keep dipping brushes etc. Hope this helps pal?

Bought one before, lasted a day then it didn't spray properly :( been meaning to buy a better make but keep forgetting ffs . one with a hook on it to hook onto my external pocket. In theory it sounds good however in practice, might be another pain in the hole aswell!

Bought one before, lasted a day then it didn't spray properly :( been meaning to buy a better make but keep forgetting ffs . one with a hook on it to hook onto my external pocket. In theory it sounds good however in practice, might be another pain in the hole aswell!
If you were based in England I'd I've come and met you and tried to help. Bit of trek to the Emerald Isle mind

If you were based in England I'd I've come and met you and tried to help. Bit of trek to the Emerald Isle mind
is it the putz spat on the pole you use Greg I tried the refina one on a pole for final finish nice an light it was another spread who was with us

is it the putz spat on the pole you use Greg I tried the refina one on a pole for final finish nice an light it was another spread who was with us
The old eze spat but rebranded as putz now. They aren't everybody's cup of tea but once you get the hang of them they are fantastic

are they just for finishing Greg or can you go through all stages with it
I can and do often apart from toweling angles. Must admit if over skim on pissed ceilings a trowel will have to be used also. But boarded ceilings or flat over skims they are top drawer just don't go over too early each time and always cross trowel as it were

I love my eze spat 600 i found is the best size all round 800 on big ceilings I just mist with a spray bottle to finish with walls I finish with medi just flatten with the spat I hold mine with the pole attach ment on so I can use one hand if needed it took some time to get to grips with but marshy put me right

You do end up going over a few times more than using only a trowel but the time it takes to glide over with the spat is nowt compared to troweling each time

Greg have you tried the speed sKim and if so what was the difference

Depends which speedskim you are talking about.
Blue blade (plastic) is perfect for flattening and next rub over.
I then give two more wipes of the speedskim metal blades.
Immaculate finish.
The eze spats are excellent too, but I just found them no good for flattening myself.
So tried the speedskim metal blades as everything goes on the one pole/attachment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we skim these every 2 days 2 of us.
6 hits without any of them spats.

2 plots rotating on 4 different sites.

aprox £1400/£2000 a plot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170317-234426.png
    Screenshot_20170317-234426.png
    452.6 KB · Views: 237
  • Screenshot_20170317-234348.png
    Screenshot_20170317-234348.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 242
I can and do often apart from toweling angles. Must admit if over skim on pissed ceilings a trowel will have to be used also. But boarded ceilings or flat over skims they are top drawer just don't go over too early each time and always cross trowel as it were
cheers pal

Greg have you tried the speed sKim and if so what was the difference
No mate I do think about it but as I'm having no problems with the eze spat? Why spend on something else I don't need?? Glad you got the eze spat to work for you after I tried to give you some pointers? I find them great and take so much time and effort off ceilings especially and big walls

If it was not for you and your pointers greg I would of just put it in the garage to collect dust I think the main reason people can't get on with spats is that it dose take a bit of time to get use to them but once you have there's no looking back on big ceilings it's a dream just make sure to cross spat it and it will be bob on

Big thanks to greg aka ... marshy ..

we skim these every 2 days 2 of us.
6 hits without any of them spats.

2 plots rotating on 4 different sites.

aprox £1400/£2000 a plot.
£400,000 house yet they only pay £2000 to get it skimmed. Some c**t somewhere is making loads out these