Need tips on plastering interview

Members online

Reid--

Okay so i have an interview in a couple of days and i am supposed to "Identify as many different types of plasterwork applications as possible and state their uses." i would just like to ask what that means and if you guys have any answers i am supposed to talk about it for 2-3 minutes.

any info would be great thanks in advance

chris hollidge

I think it means all the different plastering processes; float and set, dot and dab, fibrous work, floor screed, fixing beads, plasterboarding, even coving I guess. Research it online and talk about why you would float a house as opposed to dabbing it, looking at the pros and cons of each method- time,cost, u-values etc. 2-3 minutes is not long so time yourself while talking. You'll feel a prat but it works. Are you going for a job as a plasterer or office work?! They used to just show you what they want doing and come back a couple of hours later!

smoother09

Just wear tight shorts! Trust me you’ll be fine:chica:
A9C37D0B-EE9D-4C50-8752-FC459470122D.jpeg

Djr

Okay so i have an interview in a couple of days and i am supposed to "Identify as many different types of plasterwork applications as possible and state their uses." i would just like to ask what that means and if you guys have any answers i am supposed to talk about it for 2-3 minutes.

Wouldn't know what to do in an interview never had one

Reid--

I think it means all the different plastering processes; float and set, dot and dab, fibrous work, floor screed, fixing beads, plasterboarding, even coving I guess. Research it online and talk about why you would float a house as opposed to dabbing it, looking at the pros and cons of each method- time,cost, u-values etc. 2-3 minutes is not long so time yourself while talking. You'll feel a prat but it works. Are you going for a job as a plasterer or office work?! They used to just show you what they want doing and come back a couple of hours later!
Thanks alot i will look into it, again thank you very much.

tapit

Hit him/her with tape with holes for fixing beads, you will get the job no problem.
Remember a good strong handshake too.

Last edited:

MakeItSmooth

See if you can change the subject and get them talking about sports vans instead.

Bigstevehammer

Say plaster of Paris and band-aid...change it up a bit!!

plaster of Paris- what french plasterers use
Band aid- application on cuts or concert thrown by left wing scruffy tramps...

pissed it ;)

puddove

Private Member
you didn't mention what type of interview -
are you preparing for a company to work as a plasterer or is it an interview for a teaching post at a college
either - research if needed and keep notes to prompt you, if you don't you might get sidetracked, and talk b*ll***s, trying to bluff on an interview is not always a good idea

good luck

Reid--

you didn't mention what type of interview -
are you preparing for a company to work as a plasterer or is it an interview for a teaching post at a college
either - research if needed and keep notes to prompt you, if you don't you might get sidetracked, and talk b*ll***s, trying to bluff on an interview is not always a good idea

good luck
Its to be an apprentice at a company set up by my college if that helps, thanks.