need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnawalker

hi all am 29 and live in brighton i have had 2 years experience as a plasterers labourer/improver and learnt a lot allready. i use to work for a company that use to do full renovations with my old boss but he ran out of work for me so was layed off i have expierience in most aspects of plastering and willing to work for minimum wage to further my career. i have most of the tools needed and transport i am willing to travel as well as a valid cscs card any one that could give me a chance or put me in the direction of some one that could help would be great i just need a chance to get my foot back in the door and to prove myself.
my email is johnawalker1983@gmail.com.

Thanks lads

John Walker

Good luck John, nice introduction ,sure someone will be along soon that can help :RpS_thumbup:

thanks all i have allready recieved phone number from dansouthcoast84 rang him and could be something in the pipeline for me this is a great site.
John

hi all back again still looking for some help is there any one in the south that could help me further my career am willing to travel thanks

Keep posting and get involved mate, sure something will turn up.

Main thing is to not give up.

As Carlos said mate ,stick with it ,you are only one call away from being busy and in a new job ,stick around and post ,you will not p**s us off ,plenty more on here that do that ,best of luck

Most are quite this time of year. When the weather starts to turn the renders and plasterers that render turn to out side work. Everyone gets busyer.

hi all still after that chance to get my foot back in the door but no luck i have also enrolled in a tileing course just to up my chances of employment am very keen but its very hard to find someone to take me on at the min do u think the tileing will help because i believe its another skill to bring to the table thanks. any help would be appreciated.

,plastering is a skill that will only develop if you stay on the trowell every day ,speed and quality needed will take years ,22 yrs a plasterer myself ,

hi all still after that chance to get my foot back in the door but no luck i have also enrolled in a tileing course just to up my chances of employment am very keen but its very hard to find someone to take me on at the min do u think the tileing will help because i believe its another skill to bring to the table thanks. any help would be appreciated.

Any string to the bow is obviously a good thing. One thing to remember though is that you need to be well practiced at anything you do to be able to apply those skills in a customers house. No-one will recommend or employ someone who cant actually do the job to a high standard. These quick courses seem a good idea but they are also the reason there are a load of cheap bodgers out there taking work from genuine tradesman!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.