Need help!?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktmjon

[h=2]Need help !?[/h]
Hi all.
Got a job where they want a partition wall. 30ft long and 9ft to the suspended ceiling. They want double doors in the middle. And plasterboarded both sides. Couple questions I need answering.
1. How much metal stud work will I need for the job. Never used it before always just made timber stud walls.
2. How much would you quite for this job (roughly)
3. How do I go about attaching to suspended ceiling. Or do I go through and attached to floor above?

Any help would be good

Cheers lads
john​

If you wanna do this yourself, then my advice sit down roughly draw it to scale on paper and count the studs plasterboard timber for reinforcing around the frame that you need. I would attach to the floor above, and phone a local merchants with your list get a quote for materials add 10% for wastage, and workout roughly how long it will take you todo without pressure and price on that. If it is your first with metal stud dont rush it take your time and voila.

I had this not long ago, rang a fixer and got him to price and do it and put my bit on top. Do that then u won't look a nob to your customer and you will learn how to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.