Need help with plasterboard

Members online

Ibbo2020

Hi Everyone,

We have recently attached plasterboard to the inside of our summerhouse to convert it into a bar. We aren't professional's but we have done this before. We have taped the edges and skimmed.

The problem we have is that the door and windows are set back from the walls and are obviously wooden. This has left a visible edge of the plasterboard and with nothing to attach it too, I'm stuck slightly. I thought adding the plastic edge bead wouldn't work or the metal edge.

I really want to close the edges off with a smooth finish but also blend them into the window and door frames so it looks like a professional finish. I can't plasterboard over the frames as they are about 10mm in depth and the doors swing out. Is there anything I can buy that will clean these edges up?

Sorry if this sounds clumsy, I'm a joiner not a plasterer !!

UPVC flat trim comes in a 5m length and various colours most builder's merchants will sell it in various widths from 25mm up to 150mms or more. Stick it on with no nails or similar and silicon all your gaps and edges.

UPVC flat trim comes in a 5m length and various colours most builder's merchants will sell it in various widths from 25mm up to 150mms or more. Stick it on with no nails or similar and silicon all your gaps and edges.

Thank you. I will look at that in the morning.

What do joiners look like?
1603956126394.jpeg

Hi Everyone,

We have recently attached plasterboard to the inside of our summerhouse to convert it into a bar. We aren't professional's but we have done this before. We have taped the edges and skimmed.

The problem we have is that the door and windows are set back from the walls and are obviously wooden. This has left a visible edge of the plasterboard and with nothing to attach it too, I'm stuck slightly. I thought adding the plastic edge bead wouldn't work or the metal edge.

I really want to close the edges off with a smooth finish but also blend them into the window and door frames so it looks like a professional finish. I can't plasterboard over the frames as they are about 10mm in depth and the doors swing out. Is there anything I can buy that will clean these edges up?

Sorry if this sounds clumsy, I'm a joiner not a plasterer !!

photos?

You’re a joiner and you can’t think of a way to cover the edge of the plasterboard?
How about a rebated architrave to ‘frame’ the opening? Surely that is within your capabilities.

I have sorted it now. Thank you for your help