Need help with plaster on wood

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm I guess I could glue the plasterboard onto the wood mount. I just had a look at plasterboard. Would I be putting a layer of plaster onto the plasterboard or would I take the layer of paper off the top to get to the plaster? I want to scratch into the plaster and draw directly on it.

no reason why you couldn't lift the paper off the plasterboard...

A pre grit would work I should think but would is a live material so it may still brake free

th (2).jpg
nobody has seen the noisy neighbour recently:sorprendido3:

Hi there, I'm new. I'm an artist and I am wanting to create some artworks on plaster. I have some wood mounts and I have applied some plaster onto one of those mounts today. I mixed some plaster with gesso and a little bit of water and applied a layer a couple of mm thick onto the wood mount. I put a layer of gesso onto the wood before I applied the plaster mixture - gesso is a sealant made of paint pigment, chalk, and binder - and let it dry first. Anyway, now that the plaster has dried it is cracking. My question is, how can I apply a layer of plaster onto wood without it cracking? Is there something else I should put in between the wood and the plaster? Should I lose the gesso or would it crack anyway? Also, if I added another layer of plaster to my current botched job, would that be smooth or would it also crack? Thanks in advance :)

Screw plasterboard to the wood first ????

you could try sbr let it dry completely its the moisture from the plaster making the wood expand then it shrinks back and the plaster cracks

@Barbaloot Just get yourself a can of SBR. Read the instructions. Never had it fail. Done wood loads with tile adhesive, plaster, render. On bits that small I think you'll be fine.

I think even wickes sell it now.

If not, then tile primer usually specd up for wood. ;)

You can apply acrylic paint with some sand mixed in to give it a key it will be fine i have done this for tge same application

Hm I guess I could glue the plasterboard onto the wood mount. I just had a look at plasterboard. Would I be putting a layer of plaster onto the plasterboard or would I take the layer of paper off the top to get to the plaster? I want to scratch into the plaster and draw directly on it.
How did it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.