need help patching a wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, just wanted to double check I'm going to be doing the right thing before I start. I've been asked to repair some hairline cracks and blown plaster. So I assume I remove any loose plaster, and then depending on the thickness of the existing surrounding plaster and the size of the patch either one or two coat it with some bonding? Have also been told to devil float it and then scrape a bit all around the edges, so that the skim ties in better with the surrounding plaster.

Do I need to PVA the underneath before using bonding?

Also, with bonding being an undercoat plaster, what should I use for the finishing coat? Multifinish?

Sorry, I know these are probably daft questions, but I haven't had a chance to try my hand at any internal plastering yet, and so don't want to eff anything up.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help, and :RpS_tongue: for the sarcy comments that will appear.

no need to devil up bonding and if you want a real neat job try angling the tip of your trowel to score a line between the plaster n the existing wall,...this provides a gap the finish can sit in:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.