Need a second opinion - BAD WORK?

Members online

Who did the work? Let me guess, top secret
It's not top secret. It's a building firm in the midlands with 17 years of experience.

I've had an email from them which was threatening and intimidating, so it looks like they don't want to be reasonable. For this reason I won't disclose the business name at this point. Plus, by the way this thread has gone I wouldn't be surprised if it got back to them if someone on here knew them. And I don't want trouble at my door right now because I have a heavily pregnant wife due in 2 weeks.

It wasn't just some cowboy John, or at least we didn't think they were before it all kicked off.

It's not top secret. It's a building firm in the midlands with 17 years of experience.

I've had an email from them which was threatening and intimidating, so it looks like they don't want to be reasonable. For this reason I won't disclose the business name at this point. Plus, by the way this thread has gone I wouldn't be surprised if it got back to them if someone on here knew them. And I don't want trouble at my door right now because I have a heavily pregnant wife due in 2 weeks.

It wasn't just some cowboy John, or at least we didn't think they were before it all kicked off.
Hey why you using cowboy and John in same sentence lol.
Well i hope you get it sorted and alls good with mum n baby . Xmas day baby

TH
This picture is interesting. Have you put a level to the wall and ceiling?
This is the return of the chimney breast wall, I'm not trying to show how the corners of the walls aren't square.

A level wasn't used.

I'm not bothered about the walls not being square or plum. What concerns me is the plasterboards are at different levels throughout the walls so there's high spots in the plaster where they've not floated out the walls.

Also, there's a noticeable deviation in the internal corner of the chimney breast return. It kicks out at the bottom and is noticeable when you look at it under normal lighting conditions.

I'm not an expert, but I managed to plasterboard 2 walls upstairs in the house and they were a damn sight better than what's been done here.

It was only because we have our first child due so soon that we got them in to do it, as it takes me ages working full time and working on the house. Plus it's a room in-between a busy thoroughfare so we needed to keep the disruption to a minimal.

The square is placed just above that lamp in this image, where the boards kick out.

Attachments

• IMG_20181210_111027.png
    IMG_20181210_111027.png
    10.6 MB · Views: 266

My Mrs just had Baba....I was more scared of her than anyone else :frenetico::frenetico::frenetico::frenetico::frenetico::frenetico:

This is taken with just the lamp on in the corner to the side of the fireplace. Wavy, blisters etc.

Attachments

• IMG_20181214_154954.jpg
    IMG_20181214_154954.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 271
@RobDee not having a go mate, if anything I’m on your side. People here saying it’s too cheap, it might be, from our perspective. But as a customer that isn’t your problem... you’re paying for a job to be done right, you’ve gone with a “reputable” company so it’s not like you’ve cut corners here.

Please don’t back down to them, the work isn’t acceptable. They won’t come to your house, and if they did, call the police on them.

You need it re-skimmed and not by their plasterer. I’d hit em with that. Say you’re gonna get a quote to reskim the lot and they’re gonna pay it.

I’m in the midlands btw

Don't be worried about cuunts who own plastering firms .....jumped up salesmen ....I fall out with them all the time (y)(y)(y)
Nice one mate - it's been good to just talk about it tbf with people who know what they're talking about.

I never expected it to be perfect, but I just think it's a joke.

@RobDee not having a go mate, if anything I’m on your side. People here saying it’s too cheap, it might be, from our perspective. But as a customer that isn’t your problem... you’re paying for a job to be done right, you’ve gone with a “reputable” company so it’s not like you’ve cut corners here.

Please don’t back down to them, the work isn’t acceptable. They won’t come to your house, and if they did, call the police on them.

You need it re-skimmed and not by their plasterer. I’d hit em with that. Say you’re gonna get a quote to reskim the lot and they’re gonna pay it.

I’m in the midlands btw
I've emailed them saying due to their threatening and intimidating email I'm reluctant to have them in or near my home, and will be getting some quotes to rectify the work.

It needs putting right, and I need someone I can trust. If you're up for coming to have a look and quote me to put it right that'd be great? Inbox me

I’m in the midlands btw
Haha nice sales pitch or like you say ypur in the Midlands out to fess up to lol

I've emailed them saying due to their threatening and intimidating email I'm reluctant to have them in or near my home, and will be getting some quotes to rectify the work.

It needs putting right, and I need someone I can trust. If you're up for coming to have a look and quote me to put it right that'd be great? Inbox me

I’ll pm you later tonight mate.

Trust me in 2 weeks time you won't give a f**k about some poxy walls when littlun lands!!!
Everyone keeps saying that, and I sure hope so.

It's just insulting that we've paid the money, been through the motions and the disruptions, and it's come out looking sh*t.