Need a plasterer - Near Godstone / Redhill - Surrey. Junction 6 of M25.

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexsav

Morning,

We have just had some building work done at home and need a decent plasterer to come and hard wall a couple of rooms and then skim over 4 rooms in total. There is also a tiny bit of making good around a lintel that we put in.

Anyone interested??

We have boarded the ceiling and batton / boarded a few of the walls to hide pipes / wires etc - so it is literally all ready to go. There will be nothing in the rooms so it will just be a case of coming in and blitzing it.

If you could get back to me asap it would be much appreciated, ideally looking to have it done over the next 2 weeks / month. Dont mind if you want to do it at the weekends / evening etc..

Call / text 07877 222 450 or email me / pm me..

P.s I'm not a timewaster, i really need the work done any time after this weekend! Can meet people to do a quote whenever you can get to me. Or if you are further afield can provide loads of pics and measurements..

Thanks,

Alex.

did any of the lads on here get this job.
Then as i spent a little bit of time talking to him and the time frame and price was all ok now i cant get hold of him send emails and tryed calling him.
as i needed to get a date for the job as i work with a m8
this is a list of the work:
Hi there,

You sent me an email in response to my ad on the palasterers forum. Will get some pics later for you but a brief decription is;

1 - skim the kitchen which is average size, I'd say was about 15ft long by about 8ft wide (roughly!!!)
2 make good a few bits in the dining room. This is literally a bit of bonding and then skimming, its where we have put a lintel in and some french doors. Have boarded up one side of the door so literally just needs skimming.
3 - Hard wall 3 walls of a small utility room (just fits a washing machine and fridge in it) then skim as well as skim the 4th wall which we have battoned and boarded. Skim ceiling.
4 - Hard wall and skim the worlds smallest toilet and ceiling - ceiling is boarded already.
5 - hard wall 3 walls of shed and skim, as well as another batonned wall and the ceiling again already boarded.

It may seem a lot going from the above but honestly its 3 days work max for a plasterer and his mate, so 2 experienced guys I'd say it would take 2 days max, depending on drying times etc.

What do you reckon you could do that for??

Also how soon??

Cheers,

Carping you need to know when someone is wasting your time and if he knows so much about how long its gonna take why doesnt he do it himself? Also sounds like he has had a few prices goin off your post so unless you are the cheapest i dont think you will get it.

lol 3 days with mats £££££ he said that his m8 was a chippy and was doing all the batoning and plasterboarding and think he said a wood floor to £400 the lot bet the plasterboarding is all over the place
and his m8 was a plaster flat out so he cant do it at the mo
his budget was £1000
well i was under that price well you win some ou lose some ;)
sit back and wait for the call to say just had a plasterer in and its terrorable when can you start ;D

carping said:
lol 3 days with mats £££££ he said that his m8 was a chippy and was doing all the batoning and plasterboarding and think he said a wood floor to £400 the lot bet the plasterboarding is all over the place
and his m8 was a plaster flat out so he cant do it at the mo
his budget was £1000
well i was under that price well you win some ou lose some ;)
sit back and wait for the call to say just had a plasterer in and its terrorable when can you start ;D

Hi All,

Just firstly I would like to say that I am not a time waster, I posted the comment because I'm looking for a plasterer, I am in fact still looking however I'm hopeful of getting that sorted over the next day or so.

Carping I appreciate you taking the time to call and quote for the work and to call me 50 times a day, however I'm afraid we have decided not to go forwards with your quote. I never asked you to book or schedule in the work, I asked for a quote (which you did without seeing the work) and you provided me with that. Thank you for your time, you were extremely competitive and by far the cheapest but we are not just going to go with he cheapest.

With regards to my chippie he has done a great job the plasterboard is extremley well put up and the people that have quoted for the work and seeing it, agree.

Can I also say thanks to everyone else for contacting me, I am keeping all the messages and details and if things dont work out I will be in touch. I must have had 30-40 people contact me and I just cant let everyone quote, so we have had 4 people round now.

Once again thanks for everyones time and sorry if you feel i have wasted your time, I didnt expect to have that much response. Appreciate people calling etc though and hopefully will be in touch in the future, we have enough work to do!!

Many Thanks,

Alex.

Status
Not open for further replies.