need a break!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBarrie

Hi,

My names Ian Im 28 and live in Harrow North West London. Did plastering apprenticeship in Tasmania and I'm qualified as a plasterer. Had a nice little job when I was in Oz but had to leave coz of visa expiry. Been back in Uk nearly 3 years now and can't get any work. I've lost my confidence a bit coz I haven't been plastering full time for a while now. I'm a good skimmer, hard worker and just want to do well for myself got cscs card. I'm stuck in a job that I hate and don't want to be doing.
Just wondering if anyone has got any work or would be willing to take me on as a plasters mate or something to help me build up my skills again. I am a good plasterer and I will work hard and do a good job.

Cheers

alreet Ian, welcome along marra..........is there no agency work going down london??

nah, not really. Problem is it's not regular enough! I need to be able to leave my **** job now knowing that I've got regular work. If i leave my job now I can't guarentee that I'll get enough work to support myself. … bit of a vicious circle! Bit worried as well that I'll get work n not be able to do it fast enough for them just coz I've been out so long. Did a 4 year apprenticeship in 2 years! Learnt everything but it's all a bit different over there coz of the types of houses.

Think you've just gotta keep knocking on doors marra......plenty lads on here from the big smoke...........you might get lucky

That's the thing with self employment you have to find regular work,I wouldn't rush into anything if your earning a regular wage at the min maybe keep asking about and try and get some weekend work with a spread and see where it goes from there,
Good luck:RpS_biggrin:

Welcome along mate ,why don,t you do your plastering weekends ,for a bit ,try and build up work that way .As for regular work ,you will not get that in our game ,there will be gaps ,it is just the way it goes

Yeah I know! Proper hate my job thinking of re-training in another trade but every things just so expensive ha!
Ah well yeah I'll keep looking.

Cheers

Yeah I know! Proper hate my job thinking of re-training in another trade but every things just so expensive ha!
Ah well yeah I'll keep looking.

Cheers
Think you will find there are not many of use that like our job :RpS_crying:

Sadly London is overrun with "plasterers" ie people who walked past a shop and bought some tools, the agencies pay very small money £11/£12 an hour before tax .. There is work about but for you the best thing is to get onto a big site and work with a gang or even better a two and one gang, best of luck I am south london based...

We are VIP parking slot straight out side or so we have been told! I'll see tomorrow at 7 if we get through the snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.