Neater Ceiling Edges

Status
Not open for further replies.
also if you are working away from the edge dont start with a trowelable right close start a few inches away then on the 2nd stroke fill out that void...

I was taught to feather eadge my edges so that if they get coved its easier...

Thanks Danny.

3" was cut down to about between 1" and 0.5" but it worked a lot cleaner.

I took this advice on board, and just used a bit of masking tape to tape the wall about 6mm down from the ceiling. The tape stopped splashing and the customer doesn't see sponge marks, the advice you gave me works well.

A small paint brush and a seperate small bucket of clean water only for the last stages. Also using the corner of your trowel (as long as its not artex)

Hey, quite new to forums. But willing to ask for any advice. :)

I skimmed a 4x4m ceiling today and look good, except the edges which I splattered down, an inch on every wall, seem to have done this before. I work alone, sometimes just feel a bit rushed and focus too much on trying to get the edges neat but fail.

I've actually been to college to learn plastering, but its a bit different when the ceilings are old.

So any suggestions: My thoughts were (hey, apart from using coving to cover up)
  • Skim the ceiling, f*&% the edges until very last, then concentrate on them
  • Tape around the ceiling edges to protect (ummm... this isn't really the direction I want to go in though is it)
Is there any tips you can give me?
get first coat on then brush edges. then apply second coat and brush edges followd by trowel your edges will be crisp

Status
Not open for further replies.