Natcem???

Members online

seems just like sulphacrete but faster settings 35-40 mins is canny like

Peter Cox by any chance?
I done some subbie work for them few years back.
They used it then. I tried it a couple of times...... Does what it says but boy is it quick setting!
You can't mix it wetter either, defeats the purpose.
Think it was natcem35 I used.
It set in 35 mins! Getting it on was a struggle I remember one Job I done I had to smash it on with my hands, went off to quick and trying to get it on my hawk then trowel then wall just wasn't quick enough!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Cox's but a close competitor. I'm not sure it's the same gear.

He did mutter something about it being an acquired taste to work with. But they like it because it saves a return visit to skim up.

He said they mix jiff lemon juice in it but didn't say why???

I just laughed and thought he was taking the piss lol

I went for job interview with another firm yesterday. In usual questions the guy asked if I had ever used natcem?

Not even heard of it.

He reckons they use it all the time. Normally spec'ed for jobs under 5 m2 as they skin it the same day.

A Google around found this.

http://naturalcement.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/NATCEM-35.pdf

Thoughts please......
How come you don't want to go out on your own, you seem quite knowledgeable about remedial works.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hey not heard of this but an old plasterer mate of mine used a bit of skim in his render when he was floating up to get an early finish lol
Me personally I would rather do the job the old fashioned way that way you have no potential delamination issues coming from coats drying out too fast and not adhering.
But them buggers need to be on the next job asap money rules in their world lol.

How did you get on Carlos did you get the job and what was the money like?
Why don't you go for your csrt ?

Got the job. Just finished my first week.

2 day induction 1 day sorting van tools etc. 2 days on the tools.

Seem ok so far. Recon I'll give these till I'm 35ish (6years) then talk them into paying for the crst and cssw. Surveyors are on 30k ish plus sales comision car iPhone iPad etcetc

Not seen the natcem but all the lads I have spoken to say it's s**t to use.

Well good luck with it mate I hope its a good move for you, If you want to go down the surveying route I think you will probably enjoy it more as you get a bit older. I enjoy on the tools but I do enjoy surveying and the investigation work that goes with it.
Who are your working for timberwise? I am guessing technicians are on about £22k to £25k

I am probably going to do my csrt & cssw at some point, not that I really need to but its always good to have some kind of recognised bit of paper. I have already done 2 years at college doing my level 3 diploma in construction and might go on the HNC if I get the time.
Do they take on subbies then these big companies? I am looking to move so might be worth seeing if they do until I get settled.

Yeah Timberwise. As fair as I know they keep everything in house until they get busy then sub work out. They seem to have plenty on in my area at least.

Hey Carlos have they not thought of mixing the Natchem with something to make it workable like 50/50 with some renovating plaster or adding some sharp sand?

I bet its like spreading dogshit on the wall that stuff, the tank plug is bad enough. Personally it sounds like barrier mortar to me. We use that sometimes if there is big holes in the wall that need filling up so your not slowed down the next day.

1 lad tryed adding waterproofer to plastercize it. It cracked and the salts pissed through.

Got the job. Just finished my first week.

2 day induction 1 day sorting van tools etc. 2 days on the tools.

Seem ok so far. Recon I'll give these till I'm 35ish (6years) then talk them into paying for the crst and cssw. Surveyors are on 30k ish plus sales comision car iPhone iPad etcetc

Not seen the natcem but all the lads I have spoken to say it's s**t to use.

Nice one marra. Hope it works out for you. I've often thought about doing some of the PCA quals but everytime I hack another wall off I think, f**k this im rapping in doing damp work. Lol

Sent from my D2303 using Tapatalk

Try some plastersizer maybe? waterproofer is not really a good way to fatten it up, just go pissy.

I am going to hopefully do the PCA stuff within the next 12 months, it looks easy enough as I am surveying a few times a week now and on the tools too so its actually a nice break when u get sick of handballing shite all day or spraying out lofts lol.
I know its a exercise in paper collecting but you need it now for banks etc, plus its a good way for potential employers to know your know something.

Trouble with the Damp game is the reps just like to give out approved status like sweets lol, so no wonder it gets a bad name.

Hey Carlos have they not thought of mixing the Natchem with something to make it workable like 50/50 with some renovating plaster or adding some sharp sand?

I bet its like spreading dogshit on the wall that stuff, the tank plug is bad enough. Personally it sounds like barrier mortar to me. We use that sometimes if there is big holes in the wall that need filling up so your not slowed down the next day.

It's exactly like barrier mortar.!!

Try some plastersizer maybe? waterproofer is not really a good way to fatten it up, just go pissy.

I am going to hopefully do the PCA stuff within the next 12 months, it looks easy enough as I am surveying a few times a week now and on the tools too so its actually a nice break when u get sick of handballing shite all day or spraying out lofts lol.
I know its a exercise in paper collecting but you need it now for banks etc, plus its a good way for potential employers to know your know something.

Trouble with the Damp game is the reps just like to give out approved status like sweets lol, so no wonder it gets a bad name.

A lot if the csrt is the Latin names of insects and all the different rots.

How this help you be a better surveyor is beond me!

They spec it for jobs under 5m2 as it sets in 45min. They then skim it same day.

Yeah same as barrier mortar I reckon, that sets within 30 to 45 mins. its a pain in the arse to use that stuff only really used to do wall to floor fillets and internal corners.
It must be costing them more in materials to do it in a day than the cost of coming back ?
Why they don't just have a plasterer coming behind is beyond me. jobs would probably run smoother as you aint rushing. I do my own plastering and mainly using renovating plaster on small jobs as its far easier to use.

Yeah the CSRT is all latin names, I think its to make it look harder lol, you treat it all the bloody same. I think its just to make it look good on paper. £650 just for that and £250 for CSSW. I think someone is doing ok out of it lol