My Speedskim on a pole vid

Status
Not open for further replies.
sound that mate, might have to invest in one of these speed skim's they seem the nuts, question how easy are they to use, just read some reviews saying they can rip the plaster, or is it timing it right when to get onto it with the speed skim?

Nice video pal,been thinking about getting the Speedskim myself,is it really as easy as u make it look to use?and does it really increase meterage? Thanks

Cheers for the comments.
Yeah they're good on render, and also browning/hardwall (no I'm not on commission...) but it really is easy to use.

For some reason some people don't get on with it tho.

Timing...as soon as the scratch is on speedskim straight away...then you can lay it down pretty much immediately. All you need to do is look after your angles. I guess thats why your meterage can increase...you can just get it laid down that bit faster.

I don't get more metres on tho...I just sit down more lol.

...The 600 one is ace :RpS_tongue:

Obviously you cant use it in every situation. It just comes in handy for me on nearly every set. Especially reskims where the plaster goes on a little thicker over uneven walls.

Last edited:
sound that mate, might have to invest in one of these speed skim's they seem the nuts, question how easy are they to use, just read some reviews saying they can rip the plaster, or is it timing it right when to get onto it with the speed skim?

Don't waste your money.

Nice video pal,been thinking about getting the Speedskim myself,is it really as easy as u make it look to use?and does it really increase meterage? Thanks

No they don't. Well not if you already know what you're doing.

Oh and Ceevee that made my neck ache just watching it, why do you work from such a low height?

correct height is place thumb on top of head spread fingers and touch ceiling with little finger,

correct height is place thumb on top of head spread fingers and touch ceiling with little finger,

That's what I was taught all them years ago, when we used to have a fully boarded out scaffolding to work off. How I miss them days

Ive just used one for the first time today, bought the kit of 600-1200-1800 thought it was brilliant so much quicker even got an early dart:RpS_thumbsup:

Ive just used one for the first time today, bought the kit of 600-1200-1800 thought it was brilliant so much quicker even got an early dart:RpS_thumbsup:

was it warmer where you were? Or does the speedskim make plaster go off quicker?

Im so low because there's no floor in there...just rubble and we've only got hop ups to work off!

i dont think any amount of videos will ever convince me that speedskims are any good. ive had a couple of freebie testers but in the end i was just not impressed at all. they dont flatten anywhere near as good as a s*p*r*lex (or escaliber from 1stopshop) with the s*p*r*lex it doesnt matter if its started to pick up a little it still flattens it properly where as with the speedskim you need to literally get on it straight away

OMG I'm literally pissing myself listening to that.....ooooooo matron. :RpS_lol::RpS_lol::RpS_lol::RpS_lol:

lol i think someone does some voice over stuff as a sideline...do you work for babestation ceevee?

Well I feel refreshed and ready for anything now. :RpS_thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
hashahahahah you F*****g *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:RpS_lol: :RpS_lol: :RpS_lol:

Last edited:
:RpS_thumbsup: Yep.....

I find most clients nowadays like you to speak punjabi. Would that help? :RpS_crying:

it would....ill have to find someone else then as you can only do broad yorkshire by the sounds of it :RpS_lol:

3 days to do a voiceover...............must be on a day rate and stringing it out ceevee.................:RpS_thumbup:
Do you do the lottery............:RpS_confused:

:RpS_laugh: I certainly wouldn't be covered in muck every day if I was the guy doing the lotto VO!!

Bit random yeah, but it pays for me beer....

Status
Not open for further replies.