My sons 21st

Olican

Private Member
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1480014430.183406.jpg

zolco

Private Member
If you can afford it, buy something timeless and expensive, so if the s**t hits the fan he got something to fall back on, watches can be good investments. breitling, longines or rolex to name a few most popular ones, depends on your budget really

malc

TPF Special Forces
tell him if he wants to watch to stand in the corner and keep quiet next time you bed your girlfriend. [the old jokes are the best]

a rolex will last him a lifetime. i brought mine, a oyster date just, in the 70s, it is not top of the range but i wear it every evening it keeps good time and it goes up in value every year. it is something that you can sell instantly if the need arise.

Olican

Private Member
Calculator, torch , alarm ...what more does a 21 year old need....plus he is going to look super trendy down the discotheque [emoji106]
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1480020557.573441.jpg

aspotofbother

Calculator, torch , alarm ...what more does a 21 year old need....plus he is going to look super trendy down the discotheque [emoji106] View attachment 14861
He should get the upgrade from that one, which is a remote control for your TV too. And still, believe it or not, super discotheque trendy....

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Squarehead

Anything Swiss Made is a good guide. Rolex, Omega, or if you've had a really good year Philippe Patek.

GypsumSnorter

I`m not into watches but "The Watchmakers Apprentice" on Netflix was a great view

Wee old cockney boy was the bees knees when it came to watchmaking
Young upstart spent 2 yrs or so making a watch, only to be told it was sh*t lol

Hope u get ur lad sorted tho @McPlaster

4x4

G Shock.
He can wear it to work and it'll look cool covered in s**t.
Throw it in the sink and it'll look cool underwater.
Wear it again and it'll look cool.

Indestructible and a million styles/ prices to choose from.

owls

Private Member
I've got a 1990s Rolex submariner, I had a mad head rush a few years ago bought it from a pawn shop second hand,with papers full service history etc, there going up steady away in value.better than money in bank with shite interest rates. I have a tag 2000 series watch that I wear everyday when I'm not on tools.

beader

Private Member
If you can afford it, buy something timeless and expensive, so if the s**t hits the fan he got something to fall back on, watches can be good investments. breitling, longines or rolex to name a few most popular ones, depends on your budget really
Why pay a lot of money for a watch that does not tell the time ?...........i just don't get it :confused: