My eye's....they're burning!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyMac

Private Member
Some shite plastering out there and this is what we came across the other day. We had done the ceiling previously after a leak but a few months later had no time to do the kitchen walls so the client used someone else..........

20130131130816.jpg

20130131131043.jpg

20130131131020.jpg

20130131130835.jpg

20130131130057.jpg

20130130100721.jpg

Feel free to show us the scarey sights you've seen.

the **** must know he can't plaster yet still has the nerve to **** peoples houses up and ask them for money, and probably gets away with it.

he surely ant said hes a plasterer? he must have said im a bricky but ill have a go for ya, itll be ok but not has good as a plasterer and ill do it for £xxx?

I have seen much worse and the plasterer was recommended by the painter..oh I wish I had photos , scooped into the skirtings and arkithraves ,switches got it to, looked like it then had gone off to fast for the criminal,you could if you were light build probably climb it.

No he puts himself out there as a plasterer. He's reskimming a house across the road from me at the moment.

The fella/tenant across has asked me to sort out some rendering for him, I asked him why he isn't asking the plasterer he already has and can't he render.......

He swerved the question and started talking about something else lol

But what is suprising or shocking about work like this is, there are actually peep's who think whoever did it has done a cracking job:RpS_crying:

Back in the very busy days, I was too busy and my uncle an ex spread himself got in a plasterer off the local paper, an old boy he was, I watched him one day, he mixed his own finish with a plunger, looked like porridge, dumped it on a dry spot board ,used a dry trowel and hawk, it was a difficult job ,old artexed walls which were rough and uneven, my god this man made them rougher,

Back in the very busy days, I was too busy and my uncle an ex spread himself got in a plasterer off the local paper, an old boy he was, I watched him one day, he mixed his own finish with a plunger, looked like porridge, dumped it on a dry spot board ,used a dry trowel and hawk, it was a difficult job ,old artexed walls which were rough and uneven, my god this man made them rougher,

as I have always sai in this game experience counts for nothing if you have been doing it wrong for 30 years ;)

as I have always sai in this game experience counts for nothing if you have been doing it wrong for 30 years ;)
I know a few very experienced spreads that I would not let butter bread for me, some of them highly recommended to me beforehand . Rough as ****, with tools to match. I think either they lost interest or never gave a damn.

Yeah see some shocking spreads over my time, always wondered how they were still working... Wonder if they are still working now with times as they are???

Wonder how lads that just know how to skim are doing as well, one good thing about the way things have been is it will sort out the men from the boys lol

Yeah see some shocking spreads over my time, always wondered how they were still working... Wonder if they are still working now with times as they are???

Wonder how lads that just know how to skim are doing as well, one good thing about the way things have been is it will sort out the men from the boys lol

But does it? Or does it just sort those that will work for less from those with some pride? Talking to a chippy today that works on sites day in day out and he said standards are just getting worse and worse in all trades, to match the prices.

[/B]
But does it? Or does it just sort those that will work for less from those with some pride? Talking to a chippy today that works on sites day in day out and he said standards are just getting worse and worse in all trades, to match the prices.

Fair point mate, I wouldn't go on site these days with the rates as bad as they are..

The rates is one thing but the HS is another reason fckin hate them fckin podiums!!

Was on a site last year for kier, all podiums, scaffolds and fckin toolbox talks!! Couldn't get in site till 8am!! Through key carded turnstiles! Had to have an induction everytime we needed to use stepladders!!

All that shhhittee and crap rates to boot..

Not for me all that crap!

hang on you was too busy............but had enough time to observe the plasterer he got in, in place of his nephew......his own blood who couldnt help a family member out.
something smells a bit funny here:RpS_sneaky::RpS_biggrin:

I was always busy,and he thought I was expensive ha ha.i would drop off stuff for him ,I would be rushing from job to job those days ,used to turn over 250 k in my heyday per annum .

What percentage of plasterers do people think are very good these days? Would I be wrong with the following figures?

30% Rough
40% Average
20% Very Good
10% Exceptional

What percentage of plasterers do people think are very good these days? Would I be wrong with the following figures?

30% Rough
40% Average
20% Very Good
10% Exceptional

40% Rough
50% Average
5% Very good
2% Exceptional

3% Rubbish at maths

Bit like being Jesus, most spreads believe they are the one...even met one once who thought he was Me !!

With my new fans buddy and stolen Stilton, my likes and thanks have gone through the roof ,I knew they would recognise the genius that I am and bow down to me, thanks guys I am emotional...some people think you are been ironic, ridiculous I say...

Thanks beddy for rounding up the posse ...especially the ice cream lover. You are a piss taker of great proportions..

No Likey, no lighty..........................:RpS_laugh:.......................we love you asif........................:RpS_wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.