'My builder' thoughts

Members online

Removed_User

Hiya. See a lot of people slating the site mybuilder. Is it really a chancer's paradise? If so, it's the ideal place for me.....

Joking aside, I thought it'd be a serious way to get up and running next year. I mean, how do you find that first job living in a completely new place where you don't know anyone

Just do what everyone elss does on there lie about there work experiance and credentials.!

Get false references, pay your fees and then start lying to customers about your abalities and away you go can practice on peoples homes!

Bloke who used to work at same firm years ago is F*****g useless but tbf hes somehow got 40 positive 100% ratings and swears by it.

Its awsome ive heard you can be a plasterer 1 week, then a builder, even a architect if yu really fancy a change!

Worlds your oyster mate!

I think it's difficult to say that someone making a living for themselves is somehow ruining the trade..

No one can say every tradesman on that site is at all bad..

I use checkatrade but it's purely an advertising database, essentially like an online yellow pages, you don't pay for leads like all the others. The trouble is with someone just starting out.. you will compete with people that have been on there for years with 100s of feedback.

I use checkatrade but it's purely an advertising database, essentially like an online yellow pages, you don't pay for leads like all the others. The trouble is with someone just starting out.. you will compete with people that have been on there for years with 100s of feedback.
I know mate. Gonna be tough. Add to that I'm f**k**g woeful, it might not turn out too bright this idea haha

That explains why I've always managed to get awful people on it then :censored:

Just do what everyone elss does on there lie about there work experiance and credentials.!

Get false references, pay your fees and then start lying to customers about your abalities and away you go can practice on peoples homes!

Bloke who used to work at same firm years ago is F*****g useless but tbf hes somehow got 40 positive 100% ratings and swears by it.

Its awsome ive heard you can be a plasterer 1 week, then a builder, even a architect if yu really fancy a change!

Worlds your oyster mate!

That was low, upset by that as that is what I'm going to have to do
I don’t think lurpak was thinking when he said that bud, it was a joke/dig at someone else. I’m sure you’ll be fine, you seem like a nice bloke with a great attitude for picking up the trade and getting in with your life. Wish you all the luck

Am I missing something? Was a dig at ******* obviously I even quoted his post?

Larry if you’re being serious, wasn’t a dig at you pal I don’t really know your story. Sowwy

Tbf I am registered on my builder. Rarely use it it's ok to fill an odd day here or there.
There is come chancers on there I know at least 2 from my area.

What you will find with my builder is generally especially plastering is it's the shite that nobody else will do that gets put on there. The people posting jobs are the same as usual half hour job etc.

You end up doing more spending more and earning less purely because they've got you by the short and curlys with the feedback system.

Having said that I've picked up a couple of decent jobs from it in the past
Barn Conversion, full new build.
Couple of decent conversions. So it can sometimes help if your quiet.

But mixed in with that you've got people that put
I've got a dent in my wall how much to fix it etc

Hahah.. You've tried to respond in desperation. RAGING

You're doing it again.....Lighting yourself up like a christmas tree.

Why are you so hell bent on going on your own anyway. From your posts, it's pretty obvious that you're going to come a cropper.

If you're qualified, why don't you just get a job for a bit and take it from there? Facebook/weekend work etc.

You're doing it again.....Lighting yourself up like a christmas tree.

Why are you so hell bent on going on your own anyway. From your posts, it's pretty obvious that you're going to come a cropper.

If you're qualified, why don't you just get a job for a bit and take it from there? Facebook/weekend work etc.
That's the better idea, get a job with a small builder/plastering firm and take from there. Take on small domestic work at the weekend.

When I first started it was a godsend didn't have much work and without it probably would have had to give up and get a normal job. Instead it gave me the work to keep going and get some repeats and referrals etc

I've had lots of different a types of jobs from it a few full houses and a few new builds. There are a lot of fiddly kitchen skims etc but when you need the work I never minded that

Hiya. See a lot of people slating the site mybuilder. Is it really a chancer's paradise? If so, it's the ideal place for me.....

Joking aside, I thought it'd be a serious way to get up and running next year. I mean, how do you find that first job living in a completely new place where you don't know anyone
Load of b*ll***s all of em! Just go into your local boozer and chat to the local builders! If your worth a rub you will soon get on!

Well, cheers for your input. Don't really drink so won't be in the pub to get that opportunity. Any other sites that don't require paying for leads you'd recommend?

I made one to see what it was all about and it is indeed a who's who of local chancers cutting each others throat to patch someones ceiling who are on a tight budget.

b*ll***s..and you pay for the privilege of pricing against the chancers if you get shortlisted.

No doubt some people get by on it but its no way to run a successful business.

Well, cheers for your input. Don't really drink so won't be in the pub to get that opportunity. Any other sites that don't require paying for leads you'd recommend?
Nope because if they're not charging someone they've not got a business and they won't charge the customer as it'll scare them away. I think checks trade is a fixed annual fee but not sure how much, think someone mentioned £600 on here once which isn't bad if it'll be your main source of work