my builder and the like

Status
Not open for further replies.

bezz

Hi lads just after a bit of feedback and advise from anyone who uses these sites. I'm in the process of relocating from Hampshire to Lancashire and starting up all over again with no contacts so wondered if these sites are worth using? I've never used anything like this before as never needed to. Thanks for your time. Paul

Yeah thanks for the tip Mark. I've been on here a while,not posted much but have read a lot of the posts. Seem to be some top lads on here,helpful and friendly and good bit of banter.

Save your money and get a website for the area your moving to @Danny will sort you one, get it now and start ranking and if you get a call in the mean time tell them your booked up till the time you move in :)

Thanks Barry I'm moving in two to three weeks so will deffinately give you a call. Is your work float and set or dab and skim?

Alright marshy,well if I tell you it's because of a fit Lancashire lass I think you understand? Lol. I'm going to be in rossendale at first then later in the year near ramsbottom

Alright marshy,well if I tell you it's because of a fit Lancashire lass I think you understand? Lol. I'm going to be in rossendale at first then later in the year near ramsbottom
Good spot for travelling right on the m66, Manchester in 15 mins

Depends on the site really. We do a lot of metal so predominantly the work is skim only. Either commercial or apartments. No houses

We have a massive job starting in Manchester in a couple of months with over a years work on.

So basically I'm leaving the sunny south to dance like bez in the pissing rain while skimming! Lol

Sounds good to me Barry,would be great to have a run of work to get me going. I'm taking it your a United fan?

Good spot for travelling right on the m66, Manchester in 15 mins

Yeah at 6am
Rammy to manc at 7am is a 2hr drive if you gotta go m60 anticlockwise.:(

I done a fair bit in Rammy I kind of like it there.

You be closer to Blackburn to start with

Sounds good to me Barry,would be great to have a run of work to get me going. I'm taking it your a United fan?

Steady on pal your doing alright gettina good contact there don't insult the lad. Barry is a good red. The true red of Liverpool fc.

You will need to get used to the north west

Liverpool and Manchester are 30 mins apart you will be working with scousers in Manchester and mancs in Liverpool on many occasions.

Makes for good banter.

You will get on here mate, everyone is sound mostly down to earth and friendly. Its a good part of the country. Lakes is 45 mins from you

Yeah at 6am
Rammy to manc at 7am is a 2hr drive if you gotta go m60 anticlockwise.:(

I done a fair bit in Rammy I kind of like it there.

You be closer to Blackburn to start with
Is it that bad now?
All those days of traffic are behind me now, sheep are the only thing that holds me up going to work now lol!!

Ah appologies to you then Barry no offence meant lol. It would be like calling me a pompey fan,would make me feel sick haha
I've Been travelling up and down for the past year and half as had to sort my business down south before I made the move. You are right about friendly people,everyone I've met has been great and had some brilliant banter.​

Is it that bad now?
All those days of traffic are behind me now, sheep are the only thing that holds me up going to work now lol!!

That stretch of the 60 is so bad if your not through in time just go back home. Its worse than the m25 now for congestion

Didn't know you were in chorley mate. Do u keep busy there or travel about. We done a fair bit there too got a sister in croston now
Thats only down the road John and i work where it takes me but my regulars keep me around longridge and hesketh bank way and all inbetween plus my little France adventures etc :)

Status
Not open for further replies.