My 1st spat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bones10

I popped down to Ryan @ plasterers 1 stop shop on Saturday and picked up a 1m eze spat and plastic finishing trowel and couple other things, got great price and even a couple freebies :)!!
he even showed me how easy it is to swap blades( 20min later:RpS_thumbsup:)

So I just wanted to check process of using spat and plastic trowel as its new to me, after you flatten 2nd coat how many times do you go over with spat and trowel? Was thinking flatten 2nd coat leave then spat again followed by two passes with plastic trowel? That about right?

Cheers guys

Throw the plastic trowel at the nearest immigrant first of all. The spats are great, your best bet is just start using it to flatten out at first then and your next two trowels with the Marshall town. In time you will get the timings write and also how much pressure to apply, coz sometimes it can drag the skim and streak it. You will eventually just be able to one wipe the skim on followed by a lab with the spat then you can spat everything down and finish it up, with a much better quality tea break coz this kit can buy you a fair amount of time.

If you can locate Gibbo, he's our review ninja and his speciality is spats and speedskims....................:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.