Murder of plaster

Members online

Vincey

Private Member
Yes couldn’t believe it myself
How to murder a half decent plastered wall , went back to a job last week to be greated with this splurge
He killed my wall
Murdered it with paint
Zoom in all you like
I know it was ok when I left

210079D2-E13A-4AB5-AD0D-3477DFBD15AF.jpeg

How to murder a half decent plastered wall , went back to a job last week to be greated with this splurge
He killed my wall
Murdered it with paint
Zoom in all you like

View attachment 27218

You need to win the lottery Vince more than anyone I know.

I'm just being nice before @zombie and @essexandy see your post xx

Had it many times where customer had a go at painting and f**k*d it up.

Did one ceiling that needed substantial repairs lathe load of work got it absolutely perfect. Came back weeks later to do next room and they’d painted the ceiling with a fence brush i was disgusted

She seen me heaving and asked why and I explained. She felt a right t**t and asked my advice . I said you got to sand it all down now and roller it.

Had it many times where customer had a go at painting and f**k*d it up.

Did one ceiling that needed substantial repairs lathe load of work got it absolutely perfect. Came back weeks later to do next room and they’d painted the ceiling with a fence brush i was disgusted

She seen me heaving and asked why and I explained. She felt a right t**t and asked my advice . I said you got to sand it all down now and roller it.
All new builds are sprayed mate.
It shows up any tiny imperfections.
Fuucking nightmare skimming behind bad joiners.
Good dabbers are worth their weight in gold.
As for painters they can all f**k off....they have picked a pathetic life.

He killed my wall
Murdered it with paint
Zoom in all you like

View attachment 27218
That y I always explain to people how to paint a wall some have no idea lol I've seen people paint neet paint on new walls and I think that what happened ther peeled off it important to get first coat rhight I always water the first 10 percent

That y I always explain to people how to paint a wall some have no idea lol I've seen people paint neet paint on new walls and I think that what happened ther peeled off it important to get first coat rhight I always water the first 10 percent

I explain it when I can be arsed

Water down emulsion or save headache and get no nonesne bare plaster

First coat extremely important as it seals it but also plaster so thirsty you have to be fast to take lines out on mist coat

Then paint as normal

If someone asked me to paint my own plastering I'd feel a right c**t and ask them ...are you taking the fuucking piss.

You need to win the lottery Vince more than anyone I know.

I'm just being nice before @zombie and @essexandy see your post xx
Sorry to disappoint you mate but I feel for @Vincey on this one.
I had a whole load of my work wreaked by a bunch of Latvian Muppets a few years ago. The project manager (who is a tit) even put the pictures up on here trying (and succeeding) to get people to slag my work of. The next day when I asked him to explain how all the painted walls and ceilings looked utter shite, but all the bare plastered ones looked spot on he was a bit lost for words.

What the fuuck is up with you lot ??
Painting your own work.
I'm well on to the next job.
How much do you lot plaster ??
Paint your own jobs FOR FUCKS SAKE.
What wrong whith painting your own work lol ? and if your a perfectines like me your know the job going to be spot on. And I always think having a change from plastering here and ther gives your joint a break and the mind to. at the end of day painting not rocket science but ther is a painter and a painter like any trade

What wrong whith painting your own work lol ? and if your a perfectines like me your know the job going to be spot on. And I always think having a change from plastering here and ther gives your joint a break and the mind to. at the end of day painting not rocket science but ther is a painter and a painter like any trade

In all honesty ..I haven't a clue what I was shitting on about last night :reloco:

Absolutely. I enjoy painting my work occasionally. Painting is a funny trade there isn’t much to it but is a bit. Cutting in by hand etc. It can be f**k*d up quite easily

Most customers do their own which is a shame as most of them f**k up perfect plastered walls

• Angry
Reactions: dkb
Absolutely. I enjoy painting my work occasionally. Painting is a funny trade there isn’t much to it but is a bit. Cutting in by hand etc. It can be f**k*d up quite easily

Most customers do their own which is a shame as most of them f**k up perfect plastered walls
Your rhight m8 I love painting here and ther the prepping up cutting in and it easy on the body and mind lol I've worked whith painters over 20 years if I haven't learn something from them in that time ther must be something wrong whith me

Today’s weak tickle Alf

Attachments

• EFC3642D-FEDE-44F7-ABFF-DA15AE4505CA.jpeg
    EFC3642D-FEDE-44F7-ABFF-DA15AE4505CA.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 8CA52FCD-3B57-47CB-A5B4-AE1F620FF3AC.jpeg
    8CA52FCD-3B57-47CB-A5B4-AE1F620FF3AC.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 141