multiple render help

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arti

Now then,
been to look at a gable end to hack off and mono
here is the link to the gable picture of a hairdressers
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.0...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sZf1amIU_RrVYH9EnMZFwlQ!2e0

some my questions are:
1. how do i work out the height of the gable peak? i know the height up to the gutters ( 6.1 metres) and i know the height of the chimney stack (1 metre) ( counted the brick courses for those measurements).the width of the gable is 8 metres.
2. This is the biggest gable ive looked at pricing so how many expansion beads would i use and where would you site them.

Cheers in advance

Love Arti

xxx

erm erm erm......come on arti realy???? you honestly don't know how to work out the m2????

god its so easy just erm...erm...erm guess lol.....its worked realy badley fo me for yrs!!!!:RpS_crying::RpS_blushing::RpS_laugh:

Now then,
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@55.0...ata=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sZf1amIU_RrVYH9EnMZFwlQ!2e0

some my questions are:
1. how do i work out the height of the gable peak? i know the height up to the gutters ( 6.1 metres) and i know the height of the chimney stack (1 metre) ( counted the brick courses for those measurements).the width of the gable is 8 metres.
2. This is the biggest gable ive looked at pricing so how many expansion beads would i use and where would you site them.

Cheers in advance

Love Arti

xxx
It can be done in one hit , but if it takes the pressure off run a 20mm bell bead along the soffit line ,that way you have two hits at it ,with a 20mm ,it will define the edge ,if you know what i mean :RpS_unsure:

so is it basically just the triangle area meterage your after mate plus stack??? if I had to have a wild stab based on scale id say you've got

1.5m height x 4m width (half triangle) = 6m
chimney stack 1m height x 1m width = 1m

13m2 total for triangle and stack??????

Get yourself a laser for measuring up.

There's not more than 65m2 there so you should be able to crack that on with a 2+1

so is it basically just the triangle area meterage your after mate plus stack??? if I had to have a wild stab based on scale id say you've got

2m height x 4m width (half triangle) = 8m
2m height x 4m width (half triangle) = 8m

17m2 total for triangle and stack??????

****revised guess*****:RpS_thumbsup:

Work it out to what you are comfortable with , always better to divide a hit up , then mess up the whole job

And with the air bricks ,put new ones in ,pulling them forward 15mm ,just looks sharper ,for a small cost

13m2 total for triangle and stack??????

The area of a triangle is 1/2 the base x the height so that would be 6m2 plus the stack area
Get yourself a laser for measuring up.

There's not more than 65m2 there so you should be able to crack that on with a 2+1

How would a laser measure help me measure the triangle section of the gable ?

Last edited:
The area of a triangle is 1/2 the base x the height so that would be 6m2 plus the stack area

How would a laser level help me measure the triangle section of the gable ?

A laser measurer, you wanted to measure the peak right?

A laser measurer, you wanted to measure the peak right?

i still dont know how you would measure the peak from the ground with a laser..................you'll have to explain abit more @Wezly

Last edited by a moderator:
I just measure it square if on private jobs bollox to it then you know you have enough gear also as said put an expansion bead across the soffit line if you want to break it up

i still dont know how you would measure the peak from the ground with a laser..................you'll have to explain abit more @Wezly

I use the laser to measure ground to gutter level and then I measure from ground to peak and the width of the gable. If the gutter height is say 5m and peak is 7m you subtract the gutter from the peak leaving you 2m. You then multiple it by width and divide by two. I then multiply width by gutter level and add both together for whole m2. Simples.

Last edited by a moderator:
just pop up the loft and measure it from the inside..........................or is that to easy?

How would a laser measure help me measure the triangle section of the gable ?

sorry what I mean is if you add the 2 triangles together you get a square/ rectangle @ 2m(height) x 8m (total width) giving 16m2 same answer though buddy!:RpS_thumbup:

Roger that......................:RpS_thumbup:

I only know this cos we did a loft extension triangle only over blockwork last summer and after half an hour arguing 3 spreads along with phone calls to wifes,friends and google managed to work out our invoice lol

p.s.....from memory I think it also came to 16m2 bang on and that was a 3bed semi so im pretty confident in that guestimate buddy!:RpS_thumbsup:

but you dont know the heightxx

ahhh but that's where your incorrect mr Jessop I used my professional scale caliberater/thumbnail to tolerance of .00005 scale when looking at the pic.....and erm guessed it with the info of chimney stack height info!!!! lol

but anyway the last 1 we did was 16m2 so its got to be lol!!!!:flapper::RpS_thumbsup:

ahhh but that's where your incorrect mr Jessop I used my professional scale caliberater/thumbnail to tolerance of .00005 scale when looking at the pic.....and erm guessed it with the info of chimney stack height info!!!! lol

but anyway the last 1 we did was 16m2 so its got to be lol!!!!:flapper::RpS_thumbsup:
i like your system :) i prefer the "pull numbers from fresh air" approach

Now then,

some my questions are:

Cheers in advance

Love Arti

xxx

I wouldn't use any expansion beads, as there not doing anything, the only reason to use them is for a day break, but the gables not that big anyhow its a 2 hour spray if that.
you don't need to be that accurate with the measurements, you know roughly from looking at it for the quants. you don't want to be that tight with your gear, cos if you a bag short its game over. order a few more spare.

ah, hand appling on that's going to be hard graft this time of year, does it get the sun? youll have to be carefull with scarring ie not keeping a wet edge . why don't you use a lad off here with a machine? it would actually save you money as youll get it all on in a day instead of 2 and save on messing about time wise setting beads up.

It can be done in one hit , but if it takes the pressure off run a 20mm bell bead along the soffit line ,that way you have two hits at it ,with a 20mm ,it will define the edge ,if you know what i mean :RpS_unsure:

Well said keith , a done a sand cement gable last year this size all had balling with a pully wheel on to scaff , just give it a guesstimation mate , that size job and u can afford to go over a touch , the one i done had a few other people look and said it was to big for them i went and wasnt fazed at all she was amazed , it can be done no bother . The hacking off was the mission ! Mine had only been done 4 years earlier and was solid though.... Jus no waterproofer was in second half and it used to be a internal wall till a gas explosion making it a external wall ....... They had done in 2 hits and blended in . And obv forgot the waterproofer in the bottom half . I'll say it again get the CT team in :RpS_thumbsup: No ******* waiting to rub it up either get the pebbles on !!!!! Haha be in the pub for 2

Also i done that other gable in 1 go , all on by 12 but we had a delay in the morning cos we wernt sure on weather sure we didnt knock up till 9-half9

Status
Not open for further replies.