multi

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went back to board recently, much better than multi. More time, better finish, easier to rub up. Love it!!! :-*

the last few bags of multi i have used had a different smell to them. They smelt quite strongly of something like water proofer. They were no different to work with though.

ive noticed that citrusy smell too... seems ok on old walls or bonding etc... bit dodge on board i reckon.. thought it was just me, timing / different backgrounds on the go etc...

Have only used board finnish for about a year now on all backgrounds reeskims hardwall the lot!!!.Dont really find any different to use what so ever but definately a better finnish.

if you have strong buying power can firms get as good a deal with board as multi?.............all i ever use is multi its all thats supplied

spunky said:
if you have strong buying power can firms get as good a deal with board as multi?.............all i ever use is multi its all thats supplied

the bloke were working for at the minute is getting board for about 3.50.

i get mp finish for £5.64 inc vat.

it works out cheaper than multi coz it goes about 50% further. a 30m hit is bout a bag and half just over

Casper said:
Went back to board recently, much better than multi. More time, better finish, easier to rub up. Love it!!! :-*
thats where your going wrong your rubbing it up when u should be troweling it up ::)

flat boy skim said:
Casper said:
thats where your going wrong your rubbing it up when u should be troweling it up ::)

You should try it. It MIGHT improve your work!!!! ;D

were in kent can i get MP from m8te ill give it a go is it the same as muilti/board finish pva then lay on let it go then lay on the finish coat trowel up as norm ???

yeah pretty much the same to trowel up. slightly different, takes a couple of hits to get used to i found.

i get mine from sheffield insulations, but i think ccf do it

Used it alot it's really good but can be a pain getting it as not many places stock it, if your on your own and have a massive ceiling to do it's perfect as it takes ages to go off

Status
Not open for further replies.