Multi trading?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wheres that bloke who does the gerdening and the plastering. prime example :RpS_thumbup:

Let's say I stick to solely plumbing. I'll get 1 week of work a month. That's 25%. Why not spend the other 75% building my experience and skills instead of staying at home jacking off and replying to you losers ;). I can tell you if I was working plumbing 100% then I'd do it 100%. But while I've got free time, while I'm young I'm going to pick up what I can.

Remember this... with any big, complicated jobs or high end customer, I will be calling an experienced tradesman and work with him.

Am I still doing something wrong??
Losers!!!!????? now Gunner:RpS_scared:.....dont burn bridges:RpS_thumbdn:
mucho learno.:rolleyes)

Just stick to one trade if your any good you shouldn't be out of work simple really, I wouldn't ask a butcher to knock me up a loaf of bread.

You mean like....log shifting:RpS_unsure:.....
orange hat, ...log on shoulder. :RpS_wink:......think asif has his number?.... Mabye deleated now tho:RpS_unsure:

Like said, just my preference.

any time I get off and have no work I spend time looking into new ways of bringing work in, sending emails out, try and get my books sorted.

luckily it's only been 1 week since febuary and the phone rings on a regular basis.

im not knocking anyone for trying to make a few more bob, but pretending to be a painter for a week is not for me.

It can't be that hard, I know plenty of "Painter's" who pretend to be painters all the time

Are you the same gunner that wrote this?
Hi everybody. Joined a while back but never came on the site since, thought I should say hello as I'll be more active now.

24yrs old, nvq2 qualified plumber. I've had a fascination with plastering so took a short 2 week course to see if it's for me. ******* love it (apart from the cleaning up) so thought I'd do a few small jobs here and there. Wouldn't call myself a real plasterer, nor would I charge the same rates as one, I'm always honest and open about my experience/ability and have had a few small jobs here and there with great results. Thought it'd be good to learn a few things and give my opinion on others on this site.

Bit of a contradiction?

Are you the same gunner that wrote this?
Hi everybody. Joined a while back but never came on the site since, thought I should say hello as I'll be more active now.

24yrs old, nvq2 qualified plumber. I've had a fascination with plastering so took a short 2 week course to see if it's for me. ******* love it (apart from the cleaning up) so thought I'd do a few small jobs here and there. Wouldn't call myself a real plasterer, nor would I charge the same rates as one, I'm always honest and open about my experience/ability and have had a few small jobs here and there with great results. Thought it'd be good to learn a few things and give my opinion on others on this site.

Bit of a contradiction?

How?

Like said, just my preference.

any time I get off and have no work I spend time looking into new ways of bringing work in, sending emails out, try and get my books sorted.

luckily it's only been 1 week since febuary and the phone rings on a regular basis.

im not knocking anyone for trying to make a few more bob, but pretending to be a painter for a week is not for me.

Don't call myself a plasterer, but if somebody asks me if I can strip, skim and paint a room, I'll say yes and give them a quote.

Surly it's just about gettin your doe and paying Ye bills not turning work away you can do cos of your ego?

Status
Not open for further replies.