Multi problems

Thought was very similar,same colour, behaved once it was on very similar. Are ye mate? Just had a kitchen to skim and a back hall and bathroom. More than I'd like on a Saturday all the same but couldn't been f**k*d going back down again for one setting. Might had a go back down in week or two to patch tracks from rewiring, hopefully the spark won't butcher the

The irish gyproc skim is gray. It hasn't been pink in about 10 years.

Thought was very similar,same colour, behaved once it was on very similar. Are ye mate? Just had a kitchen to skim and a back hall and bathroom. More than I'd like on a Saturday all the same but couldn't been f**k*d going back down again for one setting. Might had a go back down in week or two to patch tracks from rewiring, hopefully the spark won't butcher the place.

I take my hat off to scottie 5 bags of the unknown all mixed up together and he still manages to get a good finish but I think he bangs his head against the wall with 5 bags of it

I take my hat off to scottie 5 bags of the unknown all mixed up together and he still manages to get a good finish but I think he bangs his head against the wall with 5 bags of it
It's 10 bags mate, Scott wouldn't waste his time mixing 5 bags

the gyproc skimcoat I used was more of a brown, used multi years ago in it was a brownie colour. Don't use it often because I prefer carlite. Yeah haven't had the pink skim in a right while. Some of the batches of pink carlite were while rubbery or something to trowel up.

Over the last 3 weeks I've banged head up the wall thinking to myself what a pile of s...t this multi is you just know as soon it's getting mixed it looks like it's more glueer and full of grit I've had to put a 3rd coat on some walls because of its inconsistencies I find the last couple of bags I've put some extra time in and it's made it creamy and better to use but I'm not using that for every bag mainly on the second

3rd coat some walls lol, what the Fu@k is up with you guys seriously ?

I've had gritty mixes off and on now over the past 12 months, also had stinky mixes (very chemically smelling) I'm so used to it now I don't bother moaning about it, say 1 in 10 bags in finding it. I've used different suppliers and I always find my local builders merchants (kellaway) are the best, some of the most worst stuff im finding is from a builders merchants out in the sticks where I highly doubt its stored properly. Wickes is hit or miss, sometimes the bags are really warm as you get them off the pallet.

I used to blame the skim a lot but I got a feeling its more to do with storage....

I've had gritty mixes off and on now over the past 12 months, also had stinky mixes (very chemically smelling) I'm so used to it now I don't bother moaning about it, say 1 in 10 bags in finding it. I've used different suppliers and I always find my local builders merchants (kellaway) are the best, some of the most worst stuff im finding is from a builders merchants out in the sticks where I highly doubt its stored properly. Wickes is hit or miss, sometimes the bags are really warm as you get them off the pallet.

I used to blame the skim a lot but I got a feeling its more to do with storage....
I agree when shipping to merchants they should use a reusable plastic cube with a lid or something then internally its all the same

any one had problems with it tearing like this on plasterboard

Attachments

• 1478948346935.jpg
    1478948346935.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 349
I've found it tears in the later stages, more so with the more flexible trowels. Have to hold them at a harder angle. I've ruled out any draft drying surface too quick as no windows etc have been open. Happens more in colder months and goes greasey if you trowel it too much.

this is another one...this time over artex both were on first lay down on second coat

Attachments

• 1478959927528.jpg
    1478959927528.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 338
Is that a carbon your using?
How fast is the set pulling in mate? Just interested as did a kitchen beginning of the week. Hardly any suction on the walls, waited ages for first coat to pull in and second took ages. Well over 4 hours for the set and ended up putting a fan heater on. Was a ball ache to get a good finish. Ended up giving it a hard trowel next day. Wasn't even that cold in the room.

this is another one...this time over artex both were on first lay down on second coat
No offence but wtf are you doing to that plaster? I'm only a monkey but i don't make that much of a mess of it. Looks like too much friction, if your only laying coat on how much pressure are you using?

First picture looks like you've left it a bit too late to get on it, too much suction for you? Maybe put a little water on it?

ye that is a carbon trowel have tried all the new plazi flex and plastic trowels find that you can get it flatter with carbon

I had two areas like that on a cieling one about four inches square the other about size of thumb nail about ten feet apart. They were flat but looked like melted plastic bag painted up alright.

so your admitting you have had bad bags of plaster but then it's still plasterers fault...why would you wanna put up with it?

Board finish was s**t today :nocausagracia:
Mixed up funny with hardly any powder to water and went off fast on first flatten.
Second coat went on better but it was tearing very Early so I just left it for ages and final cross trowel very late on. :tarjetaroja:

maybe the temperature... know it goes shitty when the temp drops @BritishGypsum
My multi has been lovely for the last few weeks....sets a bit longer cos its cold but you can set your watch by the trowelling times recently....get all my gear from b and q

Reactions: gps
I dropped multi in my eye today and its still burning, feel like I rubbed sandpaper over my tearduct....does that count as a complaint against multi

I dropped multi in my eye today and its still burning, feel like I rubbed sandpaper over my tearduct....does that count as a complaint against multi
Get an eyewash station from screwfix for situations like this, try wash it out with saline solution as much as possible mate

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Get an eyewash station from screwfix for situations like this, try wash it out with saline solution as much as possible mate

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Was just putting 1st coat on at 9am this morning, got a load of water into it and think it did the trick but going to get one of those eye wash things as thats twice in a year.......was laying the second set on and burnt my arm on the ceiling light....didnt realise those bulbs could get that hot

Worth a wash out like zolco says, how did you drop in eye , you wear glasses?