Multi problems

Members online

No members online now.
If you can get a hold of it there, the carlite ultra bags (blue) go off quicker than the red ones, supposed to go off in 90-120mins though it's usually bout 2hours.

You can set your watch to a set of carlite no matter how cold it is, it's a lovely finish too just a bit more expensive than multi.

Aw it is. That's all we get, it just depends on what the builders suppliers has to whether it's regular or ultra. Both now great to work with. Makes skimming a pleasure, though I like skimming anyways lol

Co. Antrim mate. Aye, busy enough. I just work part of a squad mate. Wby yous busy enough? Seems be pickin up rightly again, prices and all seem to be creeping back up at long last

I try to be respectful to danny when this thread does the rounds and also I'm no sheep that just joins the bandwagon...

However.... I can categorically say that there product is absolute dog s**t!!!

Same old problem...what can we do fuckall...there got a total manopoly and don't give a foook!!!

Like I've said before knaufs sales or lack of sales team want F*****g sacking!!!...they haven't got a pair of bollox between them or they would have stock in wicked bq etc...

And please for the love of god don't reply knauf saying if you ask it will be stocked!!!!

Some multi I had was that bad Monday you would think I'd never plastered in my life!!!...

Its a foookin liability!!!... And at the end of the day itsvour reputations that are damaged as the poor f**k**s spreading the gear not for 1 minute are the punters going to accept its a dog s**t product,!!!

There you go rant over!!!

My apologise @Danny but some time it judt has to he said how it is there's only so many times you can take being mugged off!!!

Used to work for boy who ordered that Knauf mp finish, pallets of it we got on n off for a year or two, it is dogshit too, leaves a shite finish, a ballix to mix, a ballix to coat, no good if wall is anyways heavy. It's been a while since used it now, but it wasn't great. Almost like coating dry lining fillers on. Same texture and all. Glad to see the back of it tbh.

Last edited:
I try to be respectful to danny when this thread does the rounds and also I'm no sheep that just joins the bandwagon...

However.... I can categorically say that there product is absolute dog s**t!!!

Same old problem...what can we do fuckall...there got a total manopoly and don't give a foook!!!

Like I've said before knaufs sales or lack of sales team want F*****g sacking!!!...they haven't got a pair of bollox between them or they would have stock in wicked bq etc...

And please for the love of god don't reply knauf saying if you ask it will be stocked!!!!

Some multi I had was that bad Monday you would think I'd never plastered in my life!!!...

Its a foookin liability!!!... And at the end of the day itsvour reputations that are damaged as the poor f**k**s spreading the gear not for 1 minute are the punters going to accept its a dog s**t product,!!!

There you go rant over!!!

My apologise @Danny but some time it judt has to he said how it is there's only so many times you can take being mugged off!!!
You just have to get certified by British gypsum, their warranty will warrant the guarantee of the warranted materials. And you will have no more hassle and headache and not a moan. Ah happy days [emoji106] [emoji12]

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Co. Antrim mate. Aye, busy enough. I just work part of a squad mate. Wby yous busy enough? Seems be pickin up rightly again, prices and all seem to be creeping back up at long last
I'm in carrick myself haven't been slack in along time, so things are def looking up. usally me an huddy sometimes 2 an 1. Prices are getting better on domestics but builders are still creaming like fook lol

Aye course they are. Least not as bad as the clean exploitation through the recession lol. It's mostly private work of a couple builders he's well In with our man gets, though if things keep picking up I'd be tempted to start pricing my own jobs, though at same time I cant be arsed with the hassle. Lol

I'm in carrick myself haven't been slack in along time, so things are def looking up. usally me an huddy sometimes 2 an 1. Prices are getting better on domestics but builders are still creaming like fook lol
Aye course they are. Least not as bad as the clean exploitation through the recession lol. It's mostly private work of a couple builders he's well In with our man gets, though if things keep picking up I'd be tempted to start pricing my own jobs, though at same time I cant be arsed with the hassle. Lol

Prices where all ways s**t in Northern Ireland. Even in the boom.

I really don't get it. Never had massive problems with it. Maybe slight discrepancies on setting times and behaviour sometimes greasy over no backgrounds with no suction but it's not a perfect science as everything has variables. Only once have I managed not to finish to a very good standard and that day I thought I was clever using hot water. Maybe some people should 2 coat it and actually trowel it like you should?

Used a bag of this today for first time in a long time and it was fine, just clean out your buckets

Prices where all ways s**t in Northern Ireland. Even in the boom.[/QUOTE. they are s**t mate if your doing a lot for builders an stuff but I'm lucky I do a lot of domestics. Hate going back to builders working for ....a week when I've had a good run of domestics, Just landed a couple of jobs for the ritmo too so I'm happy for now. I thought yous were broke over the border anyway. All coming good again mate

The work is picking up. I hope the plasterers forum northern Ireland and Romania don't come back in to the south driving prices down. Lol

The work is picking up. I hope the plasterers forum northern Ireland and Romania don't come back in to the south driving prices down. Lol
Well u never know stranger things have happened. ill be sure to give u a shout next time I'm down :lol:

Attachments

• 1477091346664.jpg
    1477091346664.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 289
Had a wee job to do on Saturday past there down In dundalk. Had skimcoat finish, first I've seen in in bout 5or 6years.i would say it was pretty similar to multi?

Had a wee job to do on Saturday past there down In dundalk. Had skimcoat finish, first I've seen in in bout 5or 6years.i would say it was pretty similar to multi?

Am only 15 min drive from dundalk. It's a bit similar some times to multi especially in the last few months

Thought was very similar,same colour, behaved once it was on very similar. Are ye mate? Just had a kitchen to skim and a back hall and bathroom. More than I'd like on a Saturday all the same but couldn't been f**k*d going back down again for one setting. Might had a go back down in week or two to patch tracks from rewiring, hopefully the spark won't butcher the place.

Thanks for your above comments about Thistle MultiFinish. Each complaint we receive is investigated and we will contact people directly for more information. Just to be clear, we do not have any recycled product in our plasters. Although we do use recycled boards in the making of new boards, we don't use it in plaster.

Lol, I can't believe some f@@kwit ever thought there was

Still never had any issues with finish lol, it does make me laugh how it's always the finish that gets the blame

Still never had any issues with finish lol, it does make me laugh how it's always the finish that gets the blame
Damn, damn, bugger, sh:t poo, bad,bad,.........so now you tell me the multi is not to blame........so that means in must be......me.........bad,bad,really bad........

Seems inconsistency of multi finish is the frustrating thing, can use any finish however consistency of the product is important.

Last edited:
Over the last 3 weeks I've banged head up the wall thinking to myself what a pile of s...t this multi is you just know as soon it's getting mixed it looks like it's more glueer and full of grit I've had to put a 3rd coat on some walls because of its inconsistencies I find the last couple of bags I've put some extra time in and it's made it creamy and better to use but I'm not using that for every bag mainly on the second