Multi over bauwer light?

Members online

basset

Has anyone tried skimming over bauwer light?

Just got a small patch up repair job to do but it's needs building up to about 45mm so instead of two coats I was thinking of using bauwer light (have a bag left over from another job) as you can use that up to 50mm.

Was thinking of applying it, scratch a key then allow to dry then a bit of pva and skim?

The wall does not need to breath hence why I'm using multi!

Has anyone tried skimming over bauwer light?

Just got a small patch up repair job to do but it's needs building up to about 45mm so instead of two coats I was thinking of using bauwer light (have a bag left over from another job) as you can use that up to 50mm.

Was thinking of applying it, scratch a key then allow to dry then a bit of pva and skim?

The wall does not need to breath hence why I'm using multi!
Pretty sure I asked and it needs a primer but not 100% sure.

Multi can't be applied directly to Bauwer light even with a primer

I have gone through the specs and spoken with @Bauwer regarding this and you must apply Bauwer Finish before the application of Multi

My gut feel is that it would be ok too, but I'd go with what bauwer say. If it's a small section Bassett, might be worth a go and see. 120m2 maybe not. Would prob bed render mesh in though.

It's only a small patch so think I'm going to try it, they're putting wallpaper over it also so can hide a few cracks haha!

Reactions: gps
Will do buddy. Going to devil float it up at the end of the day tomorrow for key then bit of pva and skim Tuesday.

I've been tempted to use this gear before so let us also know what it's like to apply.

This has been confirmed now ? It was you believe a few hours ago

I actually said I believe it has been tested. I have gone through my emails with Bauwer and can confirm it shouldn't be done. As I stated originally

The reasons why I wanted to know is I'm using it in my own property.

So has it been tested or not ?

Read my above posts mate. I say it's been tested.

IMG_3816.PNG

Ahh right may change the plan back again now. Missed the bit where you said it has been confirmed and tested.

Still a small part of me wants to try it haha. Maybe not on a customers house though.

I've been tempted to use this gear before so let us also know what it's like to apply.

I have used the bauwer light already on another job that needed to breath, in places was about 40mm thick and didn't slump nice gear to use to be fair. Been waiting for the finish to arrive so I can finish it as when I did the light p1ss had run out of finish.

Being delivered tomorrow so am finally finish it up. Think it was clemo who has recomended how to finish with the sponge on it. Will let you know how it comes up.

I have used the bauwer light already on another job that needed to breath, in places was about 40mm thick and didn't slump nice gear to use to be fair. Been waiting for the finish to arrive so I can finish it as when I did the light p1ss had run out of finish.

Being delivered tomorrow so am finally finish it up. Think it was clemo who has recomended how to finish with the sponge on it. Will let you know how it comes up.

Give the bauwer light a good soak b4 u put on the bauwer finish and use mesh. Sponge it and then sponge it again A while later u will get a finer finish.

Ahh right may change the plan back again now. Missed the bit where you said it has been confirmed and tested.

Still a small part of me wants to try it haha. Maybe not on a customers house though.

Ask yourself this would it crack anymore than hardwall that's been left a good while ? I'd respectively suggest not. What would you do in that instance to control the suction ?

All they said is, it would crack not that it would fall off, control the suction and hey presto.

Ask yourself this would it crack anymore than hardwall that's been left a good while ? I'd respectively suggest not. What would you do in that instance to control the suction ?

All they said is, it would crack not that it would fall off, control the suction and hey presto.

It will crack and fall off.

I believe they say not due to breath ability, this is not an issue you say, so no problem.