multi on lime?

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasis

doing over skims on domestic is usually about 60% ontop of old lime or lath walls and ceilings but people say you should as gypsum does not let it breath? what else could i use that it easy to apply or get to grips with like multi?

reali can you bang it out like multi and wet it back up if needed? says on website that its no good in a bathroom of hotroom and it will decompose! but you can lash it on and trowl around and wet up like multi? i might give it ago. is it a white finish?

i meen when you are smashin out rooms and you use the same mix sometimes on small walls. when it goes a bit stiff just wt it back up and slid it ontop, saves about 30-40mins a set aswell. only do it on smaller sets.

talking of lime i did a lime ceiling yestder day , scrimed up all the cracks pva x3 and then i attempted the rolling gauge , never done it before but the ceiling was quite big and i new it would pull in hard on lime background. so i told the lab to mix half a bag maybe 3/4 at a time see how we go as i wanted to do half the ceiling them while he mixed up i wanted to flatten what i had done... nah he mixed up 1 bag and a bit as he f**k*d up with the water! lol and again on top coat! so iv still not tryed the rolling gauge! MR Brown recommends it i here.

but gota say anyone who has asked about stilts l8ly u gota get into um, took 30-40 mins to lay on that 9mx4m ceiling makes life so easy.

4584265351_3c84092d51.jpg

4584256551_96ce343ff7_b.jpg

4584262971_9a22305a70.jpg

i dunno whats worse, the fact your skimmin the ceiling after the walls. or the fact that n the first picture you seem to be working backwards!! jesus christ.... ;D

ceiling had lining paper on so i skimed all walls first then lets customers strip paper the day after,,, there eat that! an i always go backwards? step forwards then lean back a step get a big stride!

no i mean it looks like your working towards the toe of your trowel. instead of chasing the heel

best thing bout stilts is being able to towel from one end to the other without a break...dust sheets a thing of the past though :)

ah no i do work L-R but i go off on a few missions sometimes i was filling up all the one side and then filling up the other side (basically doing all the edges) then filling in centre! then on top coat i just worked L-R the hole way! crazy ,, whats the heel and toe about stevo?

goody i use plastic sheets like this, a huge roll and tape the edges down with the hippo carpet protector,,, then roll in a ball at the end and bin :)

4584971086_5d0124e2c8_b.jpg

and i sometimes do ceilings like this then fill in the centre? is that a bad way i find it quick, get teh crappy bit done then do the nice fast bit at the end.

3572900642_b7f598c0ae.jpg

that looks wierd!get the bulk of it on first and then piss around with the fiddly bits afterwards surely?while your doing round the light its going off on the board

Just go from one edge into the middle much quicker mate than doin bits al over the place! Where do you get those sheets from Oasis?

flynnyman said:
your skimmin it all wrong you need to get back to basics instead of (french word)in about.
lol its very different

so you would rather do loads of short bits around the edge... i just think get a few long strides form the sides then all thats left is a small area in the middle.. but yeah i know u old boys have been shown the right way.. ill try the way u say and see if i find it quickr net time around.

Wat ever works for you Oasis, everyone has a different way.I cant get my head round these people who put a 2nd coat on .

lol... no one ever toook the time to show me how your ment to lay on so i found my own way. jobs always a good one.. some times i just try and bring the ceiling along with me.. left to right ,

the toe is the top of your trowel and the heel is the bottom. like a foot mate :) if that works for you then stay like that. but if you want to try something different, try pulling the ceiling in from the wall, half the width of the ceiling, all the way along the length of the room. then back down the other side. you dont do that on a wall do you..do the ceiling line, then the skirting line, then down the sides of the wall and around sockets, then fill in the middle?

oasis said:
so you would rather do loads of short bits around the edge... i just think get a few long strides form the sides then all thats left is a small area in the middle.. but yeah i know u old boys have been shown the right way.. ill try the way u say and see if i find it quickr net time around.
Theres no short bits Oasis. You start from the edge then go all the way back into the middle in one go, then move along once youve done one half turn round and do the other half, job done. Takes longer to do little bits round the edge, middle then fill in, plus your gears goin off at different times all over the place.
Where do you get those sheets?

Status
Not open for further replies.