Multi finish shortage

Members online

Spreadinator

hey guys went into my local b and q today and they had no multi finish..apparently there is a nationwide shortage. Any one else's local places low?

I'm from southwest

portsmouth has loads.
buildbase had 12 pallets
tp had 5 pallets
b and q had 4 pallets

So basically it's just those sneaky b and q trade point staff making up lies again. Just like when they tried to tell me that there Marshall town trowels for 12 pound are the same quality as you get when you pay like 70 in travis

So basically it's just those sneaky b and q trade point staff making up lies again. Just like when they tried to tell me that there Marshall town trowels for 12 pound are the same quality as you get when you pay like 70 in travis
There is a or was a product problem but it's resolved, there may be some delays in some places

Ingredients that's a mystery in itself, multi has been changing dramatically in the last year or two ,most times you seem to get different results from the same product bring back the old stuff where you could muster up some good fat if needed,
It’s like most tasty things. There cutting fat out. Have to be seen to be doing right thing. X

Ingredients that's a mystery in itself, multi has been changing dramatically in the last year or two ,most times you seem to get different results from the same product bring back the old stuff where you could muster up some good fat if needed,
Why the fwack would you want to "muster some good fat"?

Multi is made the sme wsy now as it was years ago no change whatsoever

@BritishGypsum
Can you make this board finish all the time as its mixed and spread finished lovely. Had the whole pallet just used my carbon from start to finish hardly any water on boards and overskims.

20171214_094305.jpg

I've been plastering 20yrs and still cant tell any difference between multi or board...

It must just be me though as lots of spreads seem to be in 1 camp or the other...

Last edited:
I've been plastering 20yrs and still cant tell any difference between multi or board...

It must just be me though as lots of spreads seem to be in 1 camp or the other...
Speaking of camp
Is the G** section still open? @Fatarm @Olican . Never been back in since teabag beddy left :cry::cry:
Gonna miss a good Xmas roast :(

It has a higher grain ratio than multi which makes it finer and thus less fat draws out towards the end of set, which tbf is probably why people like it if they not used it for a while and then do mate ,
Slightly less time to set though which is good really, especially in winter.

It has a higher grain ratio than multi which makes it finer and thus less fat draws out towards the end of set, which tbf is probably why people like it if they not used it for a while and then do mate ,
Slightly less time to set though which is good really, especially in winter.
Really? Years ago boardfinish was coarser than Sirapite or Sirapite B.
The only 'fine' finish was Carlite Finish, being finer you could get over the suction of Browning.

Really? Years ago boardfinish was coarser than Sirapite or Sirapite B.
The only 'fine' finish was Carlite Finish, being finer you could get over the suction of Browning.
All the newer plasters have a similar formula to carlite finish mate , most on here think I’m mad saying it but it’s true , tbh I never was around in those days so couldn’t compare them with but you probably could , pure finish and unifinish are , if you get chance to try them on some boards sometime have a go you’ll probably agree, board finish is slightly closer to those two than multi.

The carlite we use here is hardly the same as the carlite you's used to use?
I used to love the Carlite we used, except the browning f**k**g useless that stuff the amount of houses we have done where that stuff has blown is unbelievable and bonding used to go off quicker then or maybe it’s just my Alzheimer’s cocking my memory up