multi finish setting times

It's back to 120 mins for me, quicker then recent times but I actually get 3 hits on atm....

Really nice except the paper bits lol
paper yep same here mate with black grit in it.
my mate put a ensuite ceiling on and it was gone by the time he had chance to flatten it it seems the more we go down palet the worse its getting this batch has been shite gear

First set went in less than 120 mins today. Acceptable with the weather, second set went in about a hour and a half. And the skim in the bucket was dark.

Fresh plasterboard, on a newly built extension. All the other walls I skimmed the week before were hit and miss on timing too. Some walls have dryed pale white bear in mind the whole lot been skimmed on new plastrboard same brand and dabbed at the same time

Couple of weeks ago full room skim on top of old plaster what you'd expect to dry quicker than usual hung about for adges.

I've got a loft conversion to do in a couple of weeks for a new customer who ive wanted to get on board with for a long time and I'm seriously considering using knaf MP finish insted of multi. The BG stuff is getting embarrassing to use at times. I go to work to earn money not chase my tail making myself look like a t**t.

They state 90mins on their specs. I have never finished a set in 90mins without either dirty water or half time. Did it always say 90mins? Sure it used to be 120mins.

Ok looked at bag at work:
20170525_094305.jpg

Now when I was looking at materials online I saw on wickes website that it said 90mins, and again on another suppliers. Checked @BritishGypsum website and it says:

Screenshot_20170525-094649.png

Erm think there is a conspiracy here lol

Fast, slow, shite, shite, shite, fast, fast,fast, stinky, slow, flash, flash, fast, fast, stinky, shite, shite, shite, nice, shite, shite, fast.

In that order

Well I've never had any probs with multi before but doing a 30m2 ceiling today..... shouldn't be that difficult but the way multi is atm plus mid summer I'm really not looking forward to it

I had a complete room to do during the week ceiling 20m2 and I had all sorts of problems with timings I even used that extratime plaster retarder and that had little effect I couldn't work out what the hell was going on until I've just seen this thread so cheers as I was starting to think I was losing my marbles lol.

Is the 120 min finishing time not from start of first mix? Multi probably sets in about 90 mins but the extra half hour is putting on first coat flattening then mixing up second coat? I have to admit multi had be decent up here last few weeks. Nice and creamy. Hope it stays that way as I've got a 30m2 ceiling to reskim, might not be the biggest to some of you guys but will be the biggest I've done on my own

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Is the 120 min finishing time not from start of first mix? Multi probably sets in about 90 mins but the extra half hour is putting on first coat flattening then mixing up second coat? I have to admit multi had be decent up here last few weeks. Nice and creamy. Hope it stays that way as I've got a 30m2 ceiling to reskim, might not be the biggest to some of you guys but will be the biggest I've done on my own

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I did my first 30sqm ceiling last month was really chuffed with myself

U still using yer speedskim saving yer elbows a bit of pain
aye....on the bigger stuff, dont always bother on more fiddly stuff but it came out for that ceiling....i cut mine to 800 which is perfect for me

I did my first 30sqm ceiling last month was really chuffed with myself
Hi Lodan
Just wondered how you set up for the day, I'm guessing u didn't just have a hop up!
Did u have a labourer with u?
Just finished a 20sq mtr today on my own.... after boarding it!!
I'm kernakered

Hi Lodan
Just wondered how you set up for the day, I'm guessing u didn't just have a hop up!
I'm kernakered

If slow, just get 3 different buckets set up and mix up accordingly and spread, split your lid up into 10m2 areas...

Don't look at it as a whole ceiling... Look at 10m2 areas

If slow, just get 3 different buckets set up and mix up accordingly and spread, split your lid up into 10m2 areas...

Don't look at it as a whole ceiling... Look at 10m2 areas

Cheers
Done a lot of research on here about rolling sets, not done a ceiling big enough to warrant it yet, but my time will come
I always look at ceilings in thirds, so yea prob right splitting up into 10m2
Do you set up with planks etc if so how many

Cheers
Done a lot of research on here about rolling sets, not done a ceiling big enough to warrant it yet, but my time will come
I always look at ceilings in thirds, so yea prob right splitting up into 10m2
Do you set up with planks etc if so how many

Personaly I don't use planks or stilts...just a hopup & trowel sometimes a speedskim.

Ref 3rds I was only saying that as 30m2 into 10m2.

If it was 50m2 same principal just split again into 10m2 areas....

Just work your areas as and when needed!

Personaly I don't use planks or stilts...just a hopup & trowel sometimes a speedskim.

Ref 3rds I was only saying that as 30m2 into 10m2.

If it was 50m2 same principal just split again into 10m2 areas....

Just work your areas as and when needed!

Cheers Zombie
Speedskim only sometimes?

Hi Lodan
I'm kernakered
Hi Andy just a hop up mate and didn't have a labourer, mixed the lot but laid half on dropped back and speedskim then laid the other half in then just trowelled as normal. Was hard work but do able....try the extra time retarder if you need a bit of time

When they bought unifinish out, multi went shite for ages up and down the country. All pasty and taring.

Every time they develope a new plaster it seems to affect multi, (probably their most sold product).

It's like they trial and error something, and once they're done - that's it now bang the rest of the shite into multi.

Bonding 60?

Now multi is going FAAASSSTT!

Caught me out this week.

When they bought unifinish out, multi went shite for ages up and down the country. All pasty and taring.

Every time they develope a new plaster it seems to affect multi, (probably their most sold product).

It's like they trial and error something, and once they're done - that's it now bang the rest of the shite into multi.

Bonding 60?

Now multi is going FAAASSSTT!

Caught me out this week.

Hi Andy just a hop up mate and didn't have a labourer, mixed the lot but laid half on dropped back and speedskim then laid the other half in then just trowelled as normal. Was hard work but do able....try the extra time retarder if you need a bit of time

Cheers Lodan, 30m2 no mean feat! Nice 1.
Retarder I've looked at and umed & ard, I might get it of off flea bay as a back up 1 day, has it got a shelf life do u no?

Retarder I've looked at and umed & ard, I might get it of off flea bay as a back up 1 day, has it got a shelf life do u no?
I dont know about the shelf life mate but a sealed packet so probably a good date on them....by the way mark 2 for uni was out about 2 years back

If I needed to crack on with a project I would do a rolling set ... just keep putting on and keep second coating and keep troweling up and dont stop... tiring but a good way to bosh meterage