multi finish question

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

flat boy skim

is multi finish sh it to trowel up these days or is it just me ???

had a bad patch a few months ago (or maybe it was me and late nights?) but seems good now

yes somtimes it goes in really well and not to good other times :-\

had a few s**t sets with multi yeah, couldnt work out what it was as sometimes it'd be on board, sometimes artex, sometimes paint, I put it down to when they introduced the plastic lined bags, brough them in sometime last year and then they seemed to dissapear, back again now though!

I assumed plaster had to breathe as the bags were always just paper before, so seems a f**k**g divvy thing to do to change that after years with no problems.

if sparky had to open bags they could carry scissors and would try to re seal or wrap up after each use.

I just think we all have 'off days' when it just seems twice as hard to do something as normal.

You see footballers have bad matches and snooker players miss easy shots etc

use multi all the time but had a couple of bags of board to do ceiling off my mate it seemed nicer to use .might switch over :-\

did it seem a smoother mix to you kirk ? seemed to flatten nicer as well .thought it was caus i aint used it for ages

to be fair it was altogether nicer to use, dont know why i stopped using it in the first place. but yes it was like whipped cream. anyhow i have got to go back to work so i will chat to you guys later ;)

I only use multi on my own work, however, the job I'm on at the mo we have multi supplied and to be fair I've had no problems at all and I've used it on board, backing coat, old walls. Oh and over Bondit yesterday, no problems went off a treat and troweled up nice.

Always go for board myself. As it sets a bit quicker and i think it looks much nicer when finished

Freerider_2009 said:
had a few (german word) sets with multi yeah, couldnt work out what it was as sometimes it'd be on board, sometimes artex, sometimes paint, I put it down to when they introduced the plastic lined bags, brough them in sometime last year and then they seemed to dissapear, back again now though!

I assumed plaster had to breathe as the bags were always just paper before, so seems a (french word)ing divvy thing to do to change that after years with no problems.

In my experience Thistle supply multi finish with the plastic / polythene liner from November to march, to protect from damp
by the way i bought 3 bags of cmf from b+q two weeks ago used clean water, buckets and tools, multi finish went off in 15 minutes?? cound'nt be ars.. taking back to trade counter to argue the toss the use by date was aug 10..... im fast but not that fast ???

Status
Not open for further replies.