multi finish price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tomcat

just wondering what price you all pay for multi finish and where from?

cheapest in swindon is wickes, no building merchants can match them atall, and all places inc wickes wont offer bulk buy discount, dad asked for discount if bought by pallet load with no luck.

£4.39 each.

sorry wickes offer discount if you buy 5 or more bags and 4.39 is the price.

cheers aj

I think after 5 bags I pay £4.08

Wickes is a pain in the ass though dont offer trade account either which is bad.

Danny

cheers for replys guys.

funny you say charge fiver thats what i started charging from my last job i quoted for.

:cool:

out of date and dont know how to store them..... more plasterers go to wickes for finish so they have a high turn around so bags tend to be fresh

Danny

The wickes up here next to me is crap. The BnQ is much better, but both are murder for there bags ::)
And the PVA is kept in the outdoor kinda bit near the timber. Not good. It gets pretty cold out there and ruins the glue.

I suppose it just depends on the places near where you are:)

The B&Q by me is massive (gateshead) and full of plasterers so I would guess turnover is high, on the otherhand it is in the trade section and really cold (if that bad???) where else do people buy, I was wondering if you can get it online by the pallet?

It's probably a local thing. I use the same one as danny which eplains that.
One thing I would say is when you see those torn bags they've put in rubble sacks and are selling for £1 don't bother. Tried it and they were conatminated with damp.
Not worth it.

And re the £5 I have a mark up on everything. IMHO they are paying for our skill knowledge and transporting it.

want the company i buy mine from?
can post it up if you like?

they take about 3 days to deliver i think, you have to buy pack of them mind but there good beads.
i noticed in wickes etc sometimes they tend to spread out to much causing a problem.

they sell lots of stuff non plastering also, some are alot cheaper some are not as every place :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.