Multi Finish over Artex .

NO WONDER YOUR SELF EMPLOYED. you aint got a fu,cking clue you wanna lick the sides and spit round the edges wait a bit and f**k about, just fill the f**k out and on to the next job.
you would last thirty three and a half mins with me and the n out the f**k**g door, bullshit workshy f**k*r
One coat is still shite though.

NO WONDER YOUR SELF EMPLOYED. you aint got a fu,cking clue you wanna lick the sides and spit round the edges wait a bit and f**k about, just fill the f**k out and on to the next job.
you would last thirty three and a half mins with me and the n out the f**k**g door, bullshit workshy f**k*r
don't speak to my m8 like that

Old emulsion degraded over time as the early stuff had no vinyl in it. Bit like chalk. The wet plaster broke the final bond.

The answer is to dig and see what's under the artex and assess how well it's stuck but watch out for possible asbestos. I've got most of the artex off without too much trouble leaving tuff well bonded artex, only for the remainder to come off after I've skimmed. Nightmare. If any artex seems it's not stuck then either get it off or board over.

only in your mind, you sad f**k of a, i was born under the bow bells, knees up mother brown ,gertcha, plastic cockney tosser.

rabbit, rabbit, rabbit , rabbit....... rabbitt rabbbbiittt , rrrrabbbbittttt, rabiiiittttittttttt, rabit.

only in your mind, you sad f**k of a, i was born under the bow bells, knees up mother brown ,gertcha, plastic cockney tosser.
There’s nothing plastic about me you silly little muppet! Lol.
You on the other hand are most definitely plastic, you fraud. Now go and brush your teeth and get the smell of that dick out of your mouth!

Old emulsion degraded over time as the early stuff had no vinyl in it. Bit like chalk. The wet plaster broke the final bond.

The answer is to dig and see what's under the artex and assess how well it's stuck but watch out for possible asbestos. I've got most of the artex off without too much trouble leaving tuff well bonded artex, only for the remainder to come off after I've skimmed. Nightmare. If any artex seems it's not stuck then either get it off or board over.
Cheers for that Wayner.

That makes a lot of sense.

It's typical, the stuff was stuck to the wall like sh*t to a blanket, and the moment you stick some plaster near , it sees it's arse!

Some of these lads on here get a bit lively when the Tennants Super starts running low!!

Just finished one over stipple let’s go lurpack
CA5909D5-E3DE-42EE-935C-016080BE40F8.jpeg

Evening Guys.

I'm renovating the Kitchen, and today, I've ventured from patching plaster, to doing a decent sized wall.

The wall, is in an old building, and was plaster at the bottom, middle was where the tiles were previously, and then a very rough, gritty finished Artex.

I Put a wash of PVA on the day before, and went on with 2 coats of Multi Finish, finished with a Refina foam float, and a Refina Plazi.

I was really pleased with the finish, until I looked a few hours ago and found a fairly large foot Square blister.

It seems the plaster has not delaminated from the Artex, more the Artex has delaminated from the plaster below that.

Totally gutted, as I was proud as punch.

Any thoughts as to what's gone wrong?

Thanks

Harry

Hack the blister off then patch it... If it is deep then use bonding or hardwall (i use bonding far too often) then go over with multifinish... or...

Use easi fil and and fill it up a bit proud then send it back to get it flat...

(you will probably need easi fil anyway for the rest of the wall :D

I have spent years skimming artex ceilings... quite like it to be honest :D

I use to bond them out first but now just 3 coat them with the zombie mix in the first coat :D

yes 3 coats... bla bla bla.... I got paid plenty to justify the perfection