Multi finish fiasco

Mouldyoldspudgun

My son came in to work today he had been on another plastering forum last night and said a plasterer had been on a course at st goblin in Ireland he asked about Multi finish f**k**g around and the Gobain bloke told him it’s because Multifinish in England and I take it Scotland and Wales is synthetic where as the stuff in Ireland is the natural product, I don’t know what he means by this but if it’s part true it may explain a lot.

My son came in to work today he had been on another plastering forum last night and said a plasterer had been on a course at st goblin in Ireland he asked about Multi finish f**k**g around and the Gobain bloke told him it’s because Multifinish in England and I take it Scotland and Wales is synthetic where as the stuff in Ireland is the natural product, I don’t know what he means by this but if it’s part true it may explain a lot.
Like when you in columbia

There's another plastering forum!?

the gypsum that BG uses in the UK is natural... not synthetic....

Gypsum is also a waste product to power stations so the likes of other companies use that... and I think that is classed as synthetic

if BG was using synthetic why the hell would they be digging big holes in the ground.... the quality of facebook groups :D :D :D :D

The skim in Ireland is twice as good as in England ....used it a few times.
I was gob smacked when I first used it .
This is going back 15 years if anyone can remember a shortage of skim in England ??
@theclemo has a glorious fuucking life lol

if BG was using synthetic why the hell would they be digging big holes in the ground.... the quality of facebook groups :D:D:D:D
Danny mate you need to pay more attention. BG have been using the gypsum byproduct from power stations for years in their plasterboard but absolutely deny that it was in their finish plasters.
With the closure of the coal fired power stations the supply of this gypsum has dried up, hence the problems with the core of the plasterboard.

Ugh Plasterer’s talk group... I’ve looked on there it’s awful. They were not nice to me, not even banter just mongs a lot of them.

I actually reported a post lol! Some bell end took a picture of a girl in his bed while she was sleeping to brag about his exploits and the s**t that was being said about her..... disrespectful wankers!!!

if BG was using synthetic why the hell would they be digging big holes in the ground.... the quality of facebook groups :D:D:D:D
Digging for the premium products and stationary for multi? Never crossed my mind ! Well done Danny, I think you solved the mystery once for all:D

I think that's the best answer anyone has given about multi on here.

the gypsum that BG uses in the UK is natural... not synthetic....

Gypsum is also a waste product to power stations so the likes of other companies use that... and I think that is classed as synthetic

there,s a program called "how its made" watched one the other night the gypsum from power station is fed on a conveyer to a building next door where they make plasterboard was great to see how they made it. did,nt say anything about making plaster tho.

Ugh Plasterer’s talk group... I’ve looked on there it’s awful. They were not nice to me, not even banter just mongs a lot of them.

I actually reported a post lol! Some bell end took a picture of a girl in his bed while she was sleeping to brag about his exploits and the s**t that was being said about her..... disrespectful wankers!!!

Baaaaaaa she loved it!!!!

there,s a program called "how its made" watched one the other night the gypsum from power station is fed on a conveyer to a building next door where they make plasterboard was great to see how they made it. did,nt say anything about making plaster tho.

Ok I’ve got loads of questions. What is in board finish that is not in multi finish ? How many years left of gypsum is there left in the mines ? What happens if we run out of gypsum ?

Ok I’ve got loads of questions. What is in board finish that is not in multi finish ? How many years left of gypsum is there left in the mines ? What happens if we run out of gypsum ?

Go back to using lime?