much work in uk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lewisricekrispy

Is there much work in the uk for marble plastering. Read several items and most people don't seem to get any calls. Is finding the work down to luck, ie is it mainly recomendation or customers stumbling acroos your website?

lol its there if you can look for it

Danny

PS people dont stumble across my sites I deliver what they are looking for :)

yes you can-it shows up dark for a few hours but when dry its hard to spot-did a repair today as it goes-kitchen fitter had whacked a wall

commercial is probably the most common as I know a lot of hotels and restaurants have it... but once again a lot of people dont know its available.

Danny

Shame. When I do the course and deem myself compitant enough I'll be ramming it down peoples throats (non pun intended). The cosy some people are quating of say £50 per M. Is that labour only or does that include materials. How many M's on average can 1 man lay on, and is it easy enough to blend in yesterdays work with todays?

Cheers

from what I gather you can lay on as much as you like because you cant touch it to teh following day (dont quote me I am only going on what I think)

Danny

when your putting on final coat you are flat out-you need to keep a wet working edge but also need to drop back and burnish what youve already put on-if its a big area its a 2 man job-one applying one burnishing-some people use 1200 grit wet n dry to polish but its not something ive done myself so cant comment on its effectiveness

save your money pall.the only people who make money is the guys doing the courses.render systems done some 400 years ago.apart from that he`s had nought,.

iv always wondered this myself, and want to learn it. But theres not much point if there isnt a demand for it. Its a shame really. I wud guess most the work is in big citys?

it might be worth thinking on the lines that you need to create some demand yourself. Get a portfolio of work together, start selling yourself etc. The main thing I've learnt is that not many people actually know about polished plaster in this country.

There's nothing better than see you in the picture than a downloaded picture it sells you, it gives the customer the feel good factor, by the way it's venetian marble plastering because it's marble veneziano.

Marble, venetian or polished plaster, whatever it is known as, it is growing, I started almost 3 years ago and it was a lonely struggle, often I would have to work for free just to get people interested.
I was fortunate to have a few lucky breaks and a good existing customer base.
I still think that 9 out of 10 people have not heard or seen these finishes and it is a very difficult product to sell.
I built a showroom 2 years ago because people wanted to see the finished look and it has worked an absolute treat.
I spent over 12 months taking samples, photos and videos to clients with little result.

I am based in Cheshire, there are a lot of local potential clients, both private and commercial.
It is still difficult to get work but it is growing a lot more now and will continue to do so.
Almost every day i recieve an enquiry now, the majority of them are from London and surrounding areas.
I distribute products around the country and have noticed a recent rise in interest.

This will not be a fad or a fashion, it will not follow the same route Artex once did.
These finshes are aimed at the high end of the market, clients expect colour advice, cleanliness and almost impossible expectations.
It is more like trowelling on very fine paint than the plastering we all know.

In USA and parts of Europe there are more women applying these finishes then men.
It will grow as long as people keep trying.

It took over 10 years in America

Marble, venetian or polished plaster, whatever it is known as, it is growing, I started almost 3 years ago and it was a lonely struggle, often I would have to work for free just to get people interested.
I was fortunate to have a few lucky breaks and a good existing customer base.
I still think that 9 out of 10 people have not heard or seen these finishes and it is a very difficult product to sell.
I built a showroom 2 years ago because people wanted to see the finished look and it has worked an absolute treat.
I spent over 12 months taking samples, photos and videos to clients with little result.

I am based in Cheshire, there are a lot of local potential clients, both private and commercial.
It is still difficult to get work but it is growing a lot more now and will continue to do so.
Almost every day i recieve an enquiry now, the majority of them are from London and surrounding areas.
I distribute products around the country and have noticed a recent rise in interest.

This will not be a fad or a fashion, it will not follow the same route Artex once did.
These finshes are aimed at the high end of the market, clients expect colour advice, cleanliness and almost impossible expectations.
It is more like trowelling on very fine paint than the plastering we all know.

In USA and parts of Europe there are more women applying these finishes then men.
It will grow as long as people keep trying.

It took over 10 years in America

Sounds very interesting and i know a lot of lads are interested in polished plastering so why dont you take out an advert on the biggest related plastering forum on the net? If its growing like you said which i believe, why not get a lead on anyone else in the polished plastering industry and be the first to advertise polished plastering on here? It will save you a lot of mither ie being able to talk about and promote your services without having to watch what you say, it will help you and the members on here. xxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.