Mt dura flex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leeroy

Hi guys, anyone recommend these trowels, I've always been tyzack for 2o odd years and more recently nela and Refina super flex but hate the way one drop and there f**k*d. I've had a couple of mt trowels over the years great trowels but can't get on with handles (but thick)

i have one. superb trowel. got mine from tool and fix. gonna get another when i go in there at the weekend. get one. you wont be disappointed(y)(y)(y)

played with one a few weeks back... not impressed really... not flexy enough
yeah, if youre looking for another refina or nela youre barking up the wrong tree. different trowel altogether. i dont get a kickback from tool and fix danny. theyre just around the corner from me. im always careful to make sure your sponsors dont sell the same tools. dont get the bond it pva from them. its crap. you add a splash of water and it turns into milk.

yeah, if youre looking for another refina or nela youre barking up the wrong tree. different trowel altogether. i dont get a kickback from tool and fix danny. theyre just around the corner from me. im always careful to make sure your sponsors dont sell the same tools. dont get the bond it pva from them. its crap. you add a splash of water and it turns into milk.
Is it a local shop for local people ?

Cheers mate,No I'm not looking for a nela or Refina super flex, my thinking was this dura flex to be flexi ish but more durable so best of both, I've had two nela and two Refina and they damage too easy

played with one a few weeks back... not impressed really... not flexy enough

Its all i use now , its tough enough to put on with and not as solid as a normal stainless but not to bendy that it just flexs over any bumps rather than take them out , board joints etc .

Its all i use now , its tough enough to put on with and not as solid as a normal stainless but not to bendy that it just flexs over any bumps rather than take them out , board joints etc .
Brilliant that's what I needed to hear I'll order one, [emoji106]cheers lads

lol I dont get kick backs either :)

Does I still use my MT :D

Great trowel Mt Duaflex but as said not much flex the Nela premium is just as good if not better
Are we on about the same trowel? my nela premium is as solid as a rock ..i tried to use it to put on with don't think I could get a finish with it it's to flat..

Are we on about the same trowel? my nela premium is as solid as a rock ..i tried to use it to put on with don't think I could get a finish with it it's to flat..
When did you buy it?if it was before sept/November ish last year it would be one of the original ones,I have one and not up to it for skimming but the newer ones are supposed to be vastly improved.:)

When did you buy it?if it was before sept/November ish last year it would be one of the original ones,I have one and not up to it for skimming but the newer ones are supposed to be vastly improved.:)
Arr I had it ages ...keep trying to break it in and round off corners ..thought it was me...nice one

So a duraflex would be good for laying on and then finishing with a s*p*r*lex? What advantage do the duraflex have over a permashape then? Apologies if this has already been covered.

They look identical to a gold permashape in a picture you can only tell the difference when you feel it,mt say they are 25% mere flexible than their normal stainless trowels.
Was offered one of them I thought they were the same so didn't take it I going to get it now then and av ago

So a duraflex would be good for laying on and then finishing with a s*p*r*lex? What advantage do the duraflex have over a permashape then? Apologies if this has already been covered.
I bought one and it's pretty good for laying on with,I prefer it to the permashape and its still stiff enough to use if the set starts to get away from you,a good trowel really just bought a carbon at almost the same time and I'm getting on quite well with that at the minute.:)

marshalltown have 4 different duraflex trowels out 2 premier quality the most expensive 1 with a long tang and 1 with a short tang. the other 2 are goldback which are cheaper and more common, again one with a long tang and one with a short tang.

marshalltown have also brought out a basic quality trowel made in china on sale in b and q for a tenner.

marshalltown have 4 different duraflex trowels out 2 premier quality the most expensive 1 with a long tang and 1 with a short tang. the other 2 are goldback which are cheaper and more common, again one with a long tang and one with a short tang.

marshalltown have also brought out a basic quality trowel made in china on sale in b and q for a tenner.
I didn't know this,how do you know which one you are buying?is there a reputable dealer you would suggest?

Yeah I saw one of them today. They look a bit cheap n nasty but good for a tenner!

Just looked on eBay and searche dura flex premier and they came up and all double the price of the standard ones,what is the difference if any?

I didn't know this,how do you know which one you are buying?is there a reputable dealer you would suggest?

marshalltown premier quality is printed on the trowel this is their top trowel there is only a few in uk these are rare and the most expensive. these have a wooden handle. these may cost you £100, these are not available on the marshtown uk web site. you sometimes find them on amazon uk or amazon canada.

the gold back are a standard quality with a dura handle edged with gold these will be priced in the £35 area.
these are available on ebay, amazon. my brother purchased a couple of these this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.