mp finish

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nickelarse

Private Member
done a few jobs with it, over boardwork and cpi and both came out lovely.

just had a house reskim and it has been awful. putting on by hand coz its more practical for what im doing, 2 coating. once its on sits for at least an hour. flatten off, at least another half hour. then trowel up, goes black about 2 mins after ur trowel hits it and goes bubbly and nasty, especially if iv filled out around frames etc. then having to proper work at the hard trowel to get it right. right pain.

i did notice the bags are a couple of weeks out of date which probably doesnt help. but i think its a lot to do with reskimming over painted walls.

anyone had this prob with mpfinish?

thats how i found it when spraying it on.
It holds for a while then band its gone dark and its a hard struggle to finish it

thats how i found it when spraying it on.
It holds for a while then band its gone dark and its a hard struggle to finish it

we sprayed this today as we got 10 sample bags and it did the exact same thing, I so wanted to like it aswell.

Got to go back a redo it in Spray Finish tomorrow after BG drop off our replacement for the out of date pallet. Can you believe they are picking up the old stuff and take it away! We never got our free pallet either! We have been told there where only a limited number as the stuff was going out of date on the 06/01/2012.

Limited number yer you sold the rest to us!

The lad I'm working for pays 3.09 p per bag of multi so that's 30.9 pence perm how much is a bag of spray finish again?

do you still think spraying finish viable steve and im not digging you out just want your honest opinion

Spunky how many bags does he have to buy to get that rate? Whats the best you can get it for that does sound cheap! Its 4.96 at bag but thats only 56 bags so no bulk discounts yet.

Gibbo yes it is mate, the application has not been our problem its the material. We want to use the spary finish as we love it but we have I feel been treated a bit badly by BG here. We were promised a free pallet of spray and didnt get it and we factored that in to buying the machine. Andy got one and we did not when we both got our machines at the same time.

Anyways seems like they dont wanna do it and Mp finish is s**t. So now they have a new batch of fresh Spray Finish we can get on with it properly. Still cant belive they are taking the out of date stuff away from site - If they had said thats your free pallet then i would have been happy with that!

Has anyone here used the mp75? Is it half as good as it looks on th knauf video? Also if u were using mp75 on walls and the ceilings were boarded do you use mp finish for the ceiling?

I wouldnt use mp finish for anything after today experiance. Im gonna speak to the rep tomorrow i just dont understand how it could be finished. Neither can my old man and he used there board finish before and loved it.

Can cold temperatures cause flash setting? I dont think so but....

I've used bg board finish when it was freezing and that flash set. Bad times and wouldn't risk it again.

Good idea try it in the middle of summer it'll go off a lot slower than the middle of winter

mp finish basically sits on the wall for ages wet, you give it a flatten and it sits and sits. then its starts to turn dark and u have to run like a looney to finish it. but i no some people that like it so maybe i just did it wrong?

That's what im thinking nick. Surely it can't be that s**t so it was the weather or I did something wrong. If others like it, it can't be bad.

the times i used it were over cpi, it went nice, and over glossy reskim in the cold and it was shite. 4 hour + hits and flash set after 3.5 hours lol

Where have you been getting your bg spray finish from??? direct from bg or a supplyer how long you been waitng quickest i been offerd is 4 working days!!

done a few jobs with it, over boardwork and cpi and both came out lovely.

just had a house reskim and it has been awful. putting on by hand coz its more practical for what im doing, 2 coating. once its on sits for at least an hour. flatten off, at least another half hour. then trowel up, goes black about 2 mins after ur trowel hits it and goes bubbly and nasty, especially if iv filled out around frames etc. then having to proper work at the hard trowel to get it right. right pain.

i did notice the bags are a couple of weeks out of date which probably doesnt help. but i think its a lot to do with reskimming over painted walls.

anyone had this prob with mpfinish?

I think they have changed it Nick, your about the 4th person who has said the same.

Sprayed this on saturday and it is very nice. Temp must have effected it before. Its very similar to the BG spray finish.

What sort of price its anyone getting on a bag if bought by the pallet? The Knauf rep said its 12p a m2 cheaper then the BG stuff but thats at 16-18m2 a bag. Any of you guys that are using it alot think that meterage per bag is realistic?

it goes further because it does not contain any clay, allowing the gypsum to be milled a lot finer therefore more water needed = more coverage

I know this is an old thread but anout to buy a pallet of finish. And so my question is yrs later whats better bg or mp spray finish ?
Cheers,

I know this is an old thread but anout to buy a pallet of finish. And so my question is yrs later whats better bg or mp spray finish ?
Cheers,
Welcome pal,post a new thread in "the general plastering" section as you have a better chance of more people reading it.cant help you myself as I hand apply and havnt used these products.:RpS_thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.