MP finish over artex

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
if its too thick to apply skim some bonding on it, you can lay the skim on nice and tight for shizzle

Used it a few times on re skims and always been really happy with how it's turned out but majority of the time now I just use multi

That's what I meant Ian. With multi I just pile it on if it's thick. Trowel out the first coat a bit then 2nd coat. I don't bother with bonding. Can u do that with MP?

I assume u have to finish it like u would a wall? Spat it and open it up. Sponge etc?

Yeah bud trowel applied then spat. Sponging n a couple trowels. Done tons of bathrooms where all the tiles have been knocked of and needs bonding out flat n straight b4 skimming. Just go straight on with mo75 . Big time saver plus mats

Its a headache....mp takes a while to set .
Ive used it before over artex.
With unibond it just takes forever to set.
Not the best plaster for heavy coats my friend.

The new formula Mp Finish will be better for reskims I think. It doesn't thin down when being applied. I reckon this extra body will allow it to be applied thicker with no dramas.
@knauf you need to get it out to real plasterers to try in the real world for over skims - Not just test it on new board work

Last edited by a moderator:
The new formula Mp Finish will be better for reskims I think. It doesn't thin down when being applied. I reckon this extra body will allow it to be applied thicker with no dramas.
@knauf you need to get it out to real plasterers to try in the real world for over skims - Not just test it on new board work

Thanks Curry

Not sure who picks up the Knauf link.... will tag in the relavant staff for you

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.