Moulding plasters

Members online

EdgeWork

Hello,
I'm not a plaster/drywall worker but have been casting plaster and gypsum cement all my life. I recently had a customer looking for a "super white" casting plaster. I've tested some concoctions I mixed up with limited success. The whiteness of all the plasters and gypsum cements made by USG are not white enough for this customer, he has a very good eye and can tell the whiteness or off-whiteness easily.
Recently I found reference to Gold Bond Super White Moulding Plaster. It's hard to find and I would like to ask if anyone has experience using it. If you do, is it actually whiter than other plasters on the market? For example, how does it compare with USG's White Hydrocal? ....or any other plaster.
Thanks for any help in advance,
Steve

Hello,
I'm not a plaster/drywall worker but have been casting plaster and gypsum cement all my life. I recently had a customer looking for a "super white" casting plaster. I've tested some concoctions I mixed up with limited success. The whiteness of all the plasters and gypsum cements made by USG are not white enough for this customer, he has a very good eye and can tell the whiteness or off-whiteness easily.
Recently I found reference to Gold Bond Super White Moulding Plaster. It's hard to find and I would like to ask if anyone has experience using it. If you do, is it actually whiter than other plasters on the market? For example, how does it compare with USG's White Hydrocal? ....or any other plaster.
Thanks for any help in advance,
Steve
you american m8