mould on dot and dab on membrane

Status
Not open for further replies.

bignick

first time writer, member for months but never used it, just been to look at job done five weeks ago by damp proofing firm , all decorated but now has mould spots and white residue at various random places, registers 30% water on the damp meter, any suggestions what can be causing this:confused:

damp proofing firm meant to have done everything five weeks ago, they done all decorating as well while customer was away!

thanks for replying all, house empty so no heat on, but come on new work few weeks ago shouldnt have problems like this. mould is black/ green with white powdery substance

thanks for replying all, house empty so no heat on, but come on new work few weeks ago shouldnt have problems like this. mould is black/ green with white powdery substance
Describe the exterior of the room,cold solid external walls ? Little ventilation and no heat,gallons of water on the walls in the
Plaster? A wept damp few months

If its had a membrane and the dry lined you shouldnt get any mould or salts....................i would get the damp company back cos it sounds dodgy

If its had a membrane and the dry lined you shouldnt get any mould or salts....................i would get the damp company back cos it sounds dodgy
Where did the membrane and dry
ining bit come in. Op how was it damp proofed . ?

not the company at all,private one man band! always got a meter in the van though. should nt get salts through boarding. customer getting firm back but wants a few ideas in his head of what to ask so not fobbed off by the company

Black mould is caused by condensation. Injection and membrains are not a cure for this.

defo condensation ! the membrane has made a vapour barrier, and vapour barriers should only be installed on the warm side of insulation.

Maybe as there is no heating on in there and the walls are drying out, it maybe the biggest problem is they need to open a window or two and wait.

I always advise customers to open windows after plaster works to help with drying out, the moisture as to go somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.