Motorbike in the loft.

• Thread starter Deleted member 23452
  • Start date

Members online

My mate had an XT 500 years ago that was a little bugger to kick over if it kicked you back

Big singles with kick start will fcuk you up in a heartbeat if you're not careful. I had an MT500 with a Rotax in it, as if it wasn't bad enough that it was kick only, the kick start was on the left. Vicious b*****d of a thing that was.

Big singles with kick start will fcuk you up in a heartbeat if you're not careful. I had an MT500 with a Rotax in it, as if it wasn't bad enough that it was kick only, the kick start was on the left. Vicious b*****d of a thing that was.
I had a bultaco 250 single cylinder field bike with the kick start on the left when i was 14 used to bump start it as i was frightened it would break my leg if it kicked back trying to start it.

on a big single there would be a valve lifter to aid the kick start. as soon as the bike started you would return the valve lifter.,

on a big single there would be a valve lifter to aid the kick start. as soon as the bike started you would return the valve lifter.,

There was a decompressor on them, but they were also fitted with Dellorto carbs. So if you used the decompressor the b*****d things used to flood and then they wouldn't start no matter what you did.

You had to kick them to TDC, then boot the ever loving fcuk out of it in the hope that there was enough momentum by the time it got round to compression to fire. You get it right all was well, miss and it wouldn't fire, half way in between and it was a trip to casualty. Apparently one of the most frequently involved bits of machinery for claims with the Army.

At the back, at least 20 of them

9136666F-770A-4C6A-9FA7-39D9E6BA7CCA.jpeg
9136666F-770A-4C6A-9FA7-39D9E6BA7CCA.jpeg

That thread was funny originally

It was, a proper old school TPF thread. P1ss taking, serious points, educational value, outlandish examples and good entertainment.

There was a decompressor on them, but they were also fitted with Dellorto carbs. So if you used the decompressor the b*****d things used to flood and then they wouldn't start no matter what you did.

You had to kick them to TDC, then boot the ever loving fcuk out of it in the hope that there was enough momentum by the time it got round to compression to fire. You get it right all was well, miss and it wouldn't fire, half way in between and it was a trip to casualty. Apparently one of the most frequently involved bits of machinery for claims with the Army.
when I served my time we had a Austin six cylinder petrol lorry ex army no starter at all just a handle that f**k*r split some lips in its time with the kick back