Morning saturday workers!!!

Members online

What whether to go in or not?! I've promised a mate so not got much choice. Go and have an easy day. If not just enjoy your day off.

Time you start
Right after you walk out your front door mate.
456A3151-56F4-4E56-84F6-96F05D364BBD.gif

I go in round the back! Lol.

Lying in bed. Need to get up to take youngest to her karate class as she’s doing her grading today then taking her to a birthday party then dropping her at her grans so I can go to my work.

I'm supposed to be clearing out a load of guttering today but the job has gone the way so many do in Donegal. I've seen how trying to do business in Donegal has driven men to drink.

The guy who's paying me wants the guttering done but doesn't fancy paying for the hoist for just an hour (it's a 4th floor job) but the place needs painted too, so there's little point getting the hoist for an hour and not painting. Sxcept the painting is two days and he doesn't want to pay all that so he's walked around wondering what to do for weeks.

Then he rings me and says 'Good news' There's a hoist coming we can borrow, ring Gordon at the management company, which I do, but he doesn't answer his phone, so I go back to the landlord who gets Gordon to ring me. 'Yes yes,' says Gordon. Manus McGroddy has a hoist coming which we can borrow.

Now, I know Manus very well and he doesn't answer his phone either. I've sat in his office shooting the s**t while his phone has rang off the hook.

So now I'm waiting on a hoist which may or may not turn up off a man who I haven't spoken to and the man or men using the hoist may or may not be Manus and are unlikely to know that we need the hoist. I have no idea how long he or they will be using it for or have it booked for and I won't be able to call Gordon because it's Saturday. Anyway, it's not even here yet. Or Manus. Or any men.

Still, there will be a bill goign in whether the work gets done or not.

Last edited:
I'm supposed to be clearing out a load of guttering today but the job has gone the way so many do in Donegal. I've seen how trying to do business in Donegal has driven men to drink.

The guy who's paying me wants the guttering done but doesn't fancy paying for the hoist for just an hour (it's a 4th floor job) but the place needs painted too, so there's little point getting the hoist for an hour and not painting. Sxcept the painting is two days and he doesn't want to pay all that.

Then he rings me and says 'Good news' There's a hoist coming we can borrow, ring Gordon at the management company, which I do, but he doesn't answer his phone, so I go back to the landlord who gets Gordon to ring me. 'Yes yes,' says Gordon. Manus McGroddy has a hoist coming which we can borrow.

Now, I know Manus very well and he doesn't answer his phone either. I've sat in his office shooting the s**t while his phone has rang off the hook.

So now I'm waiting on a hoist which may or may not turn up off a man who I haven't spoken to and the man or men using the hoist may or may not be Manus and are unlikely to know that we need the hoist. I have no idea how long he or they will be using it for or have it booked for and I won't be able to call Gordon because it's Saturday. Anyway, it's not even here yet. Or Manus. Or any men.

Still, there will be a bill goign in whether the work gets done or not.

Do you do plastering in Donegal. It has to be the worst place to be plastering.

image.jpg
Started to scrape n pva couple of bedrooms on a refurb n on to downstairs after ,only doing a few hours today
Then sticking up Christmas Decs on my gable end pictures will follow

Do you do plastering in Donegal. It has to be the worst place to be plastering.

It's the worst place to do fuckign anything, mate. Grass grows. Sheep eat the grass and it's very difficult to push anything else through.

1542453915434.png

I don't do rendering, so at least the rain doesn't f**k me up and plastering is only a comparatively small part of what I do....which is basically anything that will make me a pound. Property maintenance, I call it.