More Time With Extratime™

Status
Not open for further replies.
no. had a 40 sq/m ceiling and rolled it. really noticed the difference with the extratime. went like a dream. can see it making a difference with some of the jobs i do. good price as well.

no. had a 40 sq/m ceiling and rolled it. really noticed the difference with the extratime. went like a dream. can see it making a difference with some of the jobs i do. good price as well.
Cool I thought it was good I know other's say they use cream of tar I never used that but heard it works.

Ive used cream of tartar. Works for me. But sometimes it makes the gear a bit too greasy. Maybe I used too much. I like this because it's standardized. A sachet per bag, half a sachet half a bag etc The price is nothing. It doesnt look anything like cream of tartar, either, it's granular.

thats good to hear it has its place in the market for sure :) One of the "no brainer" products I have played with recently :)

Ive used cream of tartar. Works for me. But sometimes it makes the gear a bit too greasy. Maybe I used too much. I like this because it's standardized. A sachet per bag, half a sachet half a bag etc The price is nothing. It doesnt look anything like cream of tartar, either, it's granular.

I think that is where extratime comes in... its worked out... no guess work needed :D

thats good to hear it has its place in the market for sure :) One of the "no brainer" products I have played with recently :)
wish someone would come up with some scrim that doesnt fray around the edges. i know you can score it but should you have to in this day and age? if someone invented that and didnt overprice it it theyd clean up.

wish someone would come up with some scrim that doesnt fray around the edges. i know you can score it but should you have to in this day and age? if someone invented that and didnt overprice it it theyd clean up.

yep agree with that... a paper cut with scrim tape is agony as well

Are u sure about only putting it in the first mix?i had a look and couldn't see where it said that.If it is in the laying in mix that would give even more time I would of thought.

As you got more time with second coat, wouldn't you only struggle with big set just on the first?

Are u sure about only putting it in the first mix?i had a look and couldn't see where it said that.If it is in the laying in mix that would give even more time I would of thought.
you can just use it in the first coat if you want.but you get a lot more time if you use it in both just depends on how big an area your trying to cover.we all have different speeds

Oh FFS just use dirty water ..:boxeador:
What u going to do with the time u save? :boxeador:

Standing around I bet :boxeador::burlas::burlas::boxeador:

Stand around? :wtf:
I'd be doing 90mph towards the offy ffs:birra:

Yeah dirty waters ok for patches etc, but i'm on about a couple of small walls or 1 ceiling etc just small jobs you know the ones where that's all there is to do there, so you end up waiting ages for it to go off ffs especially this time of year :mad:

Not my fault old Doris wants 1 wall skimming for £2500, all I want is just get it on trowel up & fcuk off :bananahappy:

Stand around? :wtf:
I'd be doing 90mph towards the offy ffs:birra:

Yeah dirty waters ok for patches etc, but i'm on about a couple of small walls or 1 ceiling etc just small jobs you know the ones where that's all there is to do there, so you end up waiting ages for it to go off ffs especially this time of year :mad:

Not my fault old Doris wants 1 wall skimming for £2500, all I want is just get it on trowel up & fcuk off :bananahappy:
:maraca:

Andy, Professional Plasterer, Burnley
"Amazing product, just what I needed on a job that would normally have required 2 men. Did an 18sqm wall single handedly without any drying issues. Easy to use and great results.

Wowwww there andy boy...you getter just calm down fella! end up in an early grave at this rate.

I have just shy of 13 minutes of video to tidy up and edit that should be done by tomorrow afternoon then you will see the "Bucket Test"

I used 40 teabags of extratime and penaltys on a 10 bags#scottie of finish on a hsl yesterday(y) all laid in now flattened off and tidy up my edges..one trowel today.
last trowel and finish it off tommorow.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.