More than me!!

roryston

My mates mum just bought a little 2 bed house to tidy up live in then sale on.

She's got me in the're for the skimming the bathroom, kitchen and all cealings along with a few other bits and rendering then skimming of 2 damp walls (about 16 sqm all together) after they have been hacked off and tanked

unfortunately for her my mate never knew I worked in the damp game for most my plastering life and I could of carried out the damp work and guarantee it on my behalf.

Anyway a damp firm came in.....

1 bloke 1 day hacking off 1 day tanking......

No Injection (yes I know it does f all but still)

no scratch coat then tanking

no splatter coat on the tanking.

2 days work. £80 worth of tankimg £3200!!!!!!!

I know for a fact if I lay render on top there tanking they won't guarantee it so there work was a complete con.

I'm ringing the company tomorrow and getting them to meet me there Wednesday or Thursday to go through things I'm preying my mates mum hasn't paid up yet.

The old firm I worked for doing dampwork would of charged 2-2.5k Max and that would of been hack off, inject, scratch,tank,scratch,top and skim and that would of been 5 days work for 2 of us. with the boss making money off us too.

If she has paid, get a full spec off the damp company signed and date at least she might half a leg to stand on. Most damp company’s open and close with 12 month so guarantees aren’t worth a bab.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If she agreed for work to go ahead then were she stand also has she signed anything?

She's agreed yeah but they haven't given her the relevant information, I know it's not to much of my business and were all out there to make money but just think it's naughty that they've blatantly took the P.

Everyone should charge what they wish to earn but within the common sense boundaries of not ripping someone off! disgraceful

You may have a case if you can prove that the costs were unreasonable, but it's only a vague recollection of a rumour of a similar case that I once heard of. Take some citizens advice or chat with a legal dude, for the sort of money you are talking about, it will be worth fighting.

Alternatively, maybe come Friday your mates mum will have a nice new patio...6ft square should do. Unless they are really tall...

See this sh*t all the time.:mad: I'd be a rich man if I didn't have a concience.

Sounds like the cowboys have made some quick bucks then rode of into the sunset..unfortunately I don’t think there will be much she can do about getting her money back..
Shame to hear that she has been ripped especially that sort of money :(

If they have given a written quote prior to commence of work with all due respect it's nobody else's business what they charge but there's!

Nobody put a gun to her head!!!

If your saying the works substandard then fair play pull em on that if that's the case!

My mates mum just bought a little 2 bed house to tidy up live in then sale on.

She's got me in the're for the skimming the bathroom, kitchen and all cealings along with a few other bits and rendering then skimming of 2 damp walls (about 16 sqm all together) after they have been hacked off and tanked

unfortunately for her my mate never knew I worked in the damp game for most my plastering life and I could of carried out the damp work and guarantee it on my behalf.

Anyway a damp firm came in.....

1 bloke 1 day hacking off 1 day tanking......

No Injection (yes I know it does f all but still)

no scratch coat then tanking

no splatter coat on the tanking.

I know for a fact if I lay render on top there tanking they won't guarantee it so there work was a complete con.

I'm ringing the company tomorrow and getting them to meet me there Wednesday or Thursday to go through things I'm preying my mates mum hasn't paid up yet.

The old firm I worked for doing dampwork would of charged 2-2.5k Max and that would of been hack off, inject, scratch,tank,scratch,top and skim and that would of been 5 days work for 2 of us. with the boss making money off us too.
I worked for a damp proofing firm few years ago and at first I was oblivious to it all then I started to see what they was charging and how they played on people’s fears and saying if Work wasn’t done they wouldn’t get a guarantee but what was shocking was they wouldn’t guarantee workmanship Just the chemical injection so a get out clause the straw that broke my back and made me leave was one job started at 12k and by the Friday was upto 33k made me feel sick and knew that wasn’t for me that work that could of been my parents or grandad they was doing it to and i like to be as honest as I can can’t rip people off

If they have given a written quote prior to commence of work with all due respect it's nobody else's business what they charge but there's!

If your saying the works substandard then fair play pull em on that if that's the case!
But they play on people’s fears with damp proofing about dry rot ect and for me it’s like a meal ticket and make them get work that isn’t needed done

Like I said not much chance of getting a penny back s**t but true I’m afraid..:(

I had some damp in old house got a firm out and he went round down stairs with his magic buzzer. Yeah damp blah blah 3200. Got another kid . Not damp its cause they have plastered to close to concrete floor n floor has sweated and it pulled it up wall . And fire place was cause I boarded it up and not put pepper pots on or a air vent in bottom